2 months after NOA1 and CSC is stuck

Hello,

We were NOA1 on November 18, and I still have not even got a 'touch' on my status checks. CSC is STILL processing K1 apps for October 18, same as the last update on their webpage. When should I start getting nervous? Can I call DOS or NVC anyways?

-James

Hello,

We were NOA1 on November 18, and I still have not even got a 'touch' on my status checks.  CSC is STILL processing K1 apps for October 18, same as the last update on their webpage.  When should I start getting nervous?  Can I call DOS or NVC anyways?

-James

184075[/snapback]

NVC and DOS arent really involved yet. You are still at USCIS and that is where you would call or email. NOA1 to NOA2 can be quick or slow, it seems random. If you both have common names then maybe it is slower.

you can try NVCInquiry@state.gov and ask for status... Include P and B information and DOB, as well as your CSC#. My guess is CSC is slowed down a little because of the holidays maybe?

My 129F NOA1 is within a few days of yours, but I am K-3, so it went to Missouri via Chicago. My 130 is in CSC and it hasn't been touched in 2.5 months and I suspect it will be at least 3-4 more before anything happens with it.

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
Hello,

We were NOA1 on November 18, and I still have not even got a 'touch' on my status checks.  CSC is STILL processing K1 apps for October 18, same as the last update on their webpage.  When should I start getting nervous?  Can I call DOS or NVC anyways?

-James

184075[/snapback]

James, I've got some bad news for you... see my timeline for CSC for NOA2. I hope that it'll pick up for you very soon my friend.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Hello,

-James

184075[/snapback]

James, as long as your petition in at the service center, in this case California, it is in the hands of the USCIS, which is like a fortress. It's very difficult to get information out of them. You can check the processing time for the I-129F petitions here:

CSC Processing

....which is October 18, 2005. Your timeline shows that you filed your petition on November 14, 2005. Keep an eye on the processing time in the link above. Once that date reaches or passes 30-days after your file date (i.e., December 14, 2005), the USCIS will accept a call from you to start an investigation as to the status of your petition. Before that date, there is little to nothing you can do, because the USCIS considers your petition within normal processing.

I realize that this information does not provide a good deal of comfort, but unfortunately it's the way the system works. Processing at the CSC seems to go in spurts, but there is really no perfect way of determining when your petition will be approved.

Hello,

-James

184075[/snapback]

James, as long as your petition in at the service center, in this case California, it is in the hands of the USCIS, which is like a fortress. It's very difficult to get information out of them. You can check the processing time for the I-129F petitions here:

CSC Processing

....which is October 18, 2005. Your timeline shows that you filed your petition on November 14, 2005. Keep an eye on the processing time in the link above. Once that date reaches or passes 30-days after your file date (i.e., December 14, 2005), the USCIS will accept a call from you to start an investigation as to the status of your petition. Before that date, there is little to nothing you can do, because the USCIS considers your petition within normal processing.

I realize that this information does not provide a good deal of comfort, but unfortunately it's the way the system works. Processing at the CSC seems to go in spurts, but there is really no perfect way of determining when your petition will be approved.

184213[/snapback]

Hello,

Thanks Jesse! I have been tracking those resources already, I just thought I would ask since the level of 'tribal knowledge' here is really high. I am really afraid that the Orange County fraud stuff has introduced MAJOR processing delays as the resources in Laguna Niguel are dedicated to that. Since I am in Orange County I can also imagine 'extra' review steps now being taken... :(

-James

Guest ShaQuaNew
Thanks Jesse!  I have been tracking those resources already, I just thought I would ask since the level of 'tribal knowledge' here is really high.  I am really afraid that the Orange County fraud stuff has introduced MAJOR processing delays as the resources in Laguna Niguel are dedicated to that.  Since I am in Orange County I can also imagine 'extra' review steps now being taken... :(

-James

184242[/snapback]

James, I think it unlikely that issues relating to marriage fraud are having much effect on processing time. There are however other variables that do have effect, but there is just no way of knowing precisely what may, or may not be affecting processing time.

Visa approvals are simply very slow. I've seen a few pass through here in recent months that only took a few days. Others, like mine can take months. I think the bottom line is that statiscally, the entire process seems to be taking from 9 months, for a low, to about 12 months. Very few have been less and very few have been more.

Anything out of the ordinary in either the beneficiary or petitioner background, a false hit can move the petition out of the mainstream and requrire additional scrutiny. I believe they do indeed make every effort to process the older petitions first.