what is next after k3 visa

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...es_1315.html#3a

I recommend you check that web site, the FAQ's there can probably help you. I think also, look in the phone book, in the blue section will be government listings. Look up immigration and call them, or visit them, and you can ask them. Good luck and major gratz on your lady coming home, finally.

Edited by hunter (see edit history)

I'm going to move the thread to the AOS & Immigration Challenges forum.

From a visa/immigration/LPR standpoint. You have two choices.

1. You can file for adjustment of status now (1-485), apply for your social security card, and apply for your EAD (Employment Authroization Document - I-765) if needed. The AOS should result in the issuance of the green card. An EAD is not needed after issuance of the green card (or the temporary I-551 stamp in the passport).

2. You can skip the AOS and wait for the I-130 to finish processing. You'll have to return to China for the interview. If successful, the IR-1 or CR-1 visa will be issued and on re-entry into the US, you'll become a legal permanent resident. Usually, the passport is then stamped with the I-551 stamp, and the green card should arrive sometime later. While you are waiting for the I-130 processing to finish, you might consider filing for and EAD if needed and applying for the social security card.