Civil Surgeon Exam

Hi ,

I am working on the AOS ,but I have a problem in that the Civil Surgoen filled out the forms and placed them in a sealed envolpe

The 2 are together and I think that there is No way i can do anything but to open the envelopes or go back and have them redone .

Maybe I am missing something here but i thought that the forms DID not have to be in a Sealed envolpe

Thanks to the Candle I got through the k1 and K2 visa and they are Here :P

But this AOS is a real Pain- especially with the income tax forms - 2 sets

- can I make a copy of the set the IRS sent me to use with my Daughter-in Laws AOS? :angry:

Anyway it's back to the finding /assembling/filingout forms for the AOS

just not that easy of a task

:)

Hope you and the family are settling in and everybody (including you :P ) is adjusting.

I have a couple of thoughts on the Civil Surgeon forms.

1. This is the one I recommend. Go back to the CS and have him/her do it right - each applicant's results in a separate sealed envelope. I would not open the envelope.

2. Forget about it for now. Some folks have filed for AOS without the CS forms and then brought them to the interview. This ability may have since changed, but even if it hasn't, you'd still have to get the forms from the CS. Might as well get it done now.

3. Send in both applications together and make it very clear in the transmittal that the daughter's forms are included with the mother's and hope USCIS knows what to do. Personally, I wouldn't bet the ranch. Most CSs also provide you with a copy of the forms in the sealed envelope, so one variation on this would be to include the copy with the daughter's application, again noting that the original is included with the mother's. Personally, I wouldn't want to rely on USCIS to figure it all out.

On the tax returns, it is a good idea to treat each application separately, so that tax returns and all supporting documentation are duplicated. And, don't forget to do separate I-864s for each applicant.

One last thing. Unless you've been holding out on us with a son who is now married to an alien, I take it you meant step daughter rather than daughter in law. :P

Hope you and the family are settling in and everybody (including you :P ) is adjusting.

I have a couple of thoughts on the Civil Surgeon forms.

1.  This is the one I recommend.  Go back to the CS and have him/her do it right - each applicant's results in a separate sealed envelope.  I would not open the envelope.

2.  Forget about it for now.  Some folks have filed for AOS without the CS forms and then brought them to the interview.  This ability may have since changed, but even if it hasn't, you'd still have to get the forms from the CS.  Might as well get it done now.

3.  Send in both applications together and make it very clear in the transmittal that the daughter's forms are included with the mother's and hope USCIS knows what to do.  Personally, I wouldn't bet the ranch.  Most CSs also provide you with a copy of the forms in the sealed envelope, so one variation on this would be to include the copy with the daughter's application, again noting that the original is included with the mother's.  Personally, I wouldn't want to rely on USCIS to figure it all out.

On the tax returns, it is a good idea to treat each application separately, so that tax returns and all supporting documentation are duplicated.  And, don't forget to do separate I-864s for each applicant.

One last thing.  Unless you've been holding out on us with a son who is now married to an alien, I take it you meant step daughter rather than daughter in law. :P

183631[/snapback]

Thanks Frank .

I guess I had better get the terms right

Step duaghter it is !

Also trying to get her into a University at the same time -that has been the first priority and so now we have applied by the due date .

The AOS is just a real hassle , I have to break it down to the tiny little steps to get it done .

I was looking for the FAQ for the AOS on the Candle ,but I can not Find it - must be to much turkey that I ate during the holiday

According to Amber who just filed AOS they are now requiring the I-693 supplimental to be included with the I-485. There have been reports of at least one RFE for not including it. I would go back to the CS and make him do it right.