POE question

Guest wxh

Many of you know Enight (Alias Kate), well, let me tell you guys, she is smart, talented and beautiful (not necessarily in that order)!, AND she has her visa in hand. I wanted to go to Shanghai to be with her when she comes here, so I'm planning to go there March 13th, but since I've only been there 1 other time, I thought that we could do come exploring to some other places there as well. Which we are planning to do. Then end back up in Shanghai and fly back here a couple of weeks later. I'm excited for lots of reasons!!!

I had no doubt in planning to do this, since I could almost hear it in her voice when she first got her visa about having to fly over alone and when I told her that I was coming, I could almost hear her smile over the phone!!

Even though I haven't left yet, the days are ticking by, and they're being counted!!!

Many of you know Enight (Alias Kate), well, let me tell you guys, she is smart, talented and beautiful (not necessarily in that order)!, AND she has her visa in hand. I wanted to go to Shanghai to be with her when she comes here, so I'm planning to go there March 13th, but since I've only been there 1 other time, I thought that we could do come exploring to some other places there as well. Which we are planning to do. Then end back up in Shanghai and fly back here a couple of weeks later. I'm excited for lots of reasons!!!

I had no doubt in planning to do this, since I could almost hear it in her voice when she first got her visa about having to fly over alone and when I told her that I was coming, I could almost hear her smile over the phone!!

Even though I haven't left yet, the days are ticking by, and they're being counted!!!

Could not agree with you more Alan on all of your points. Say Hi for me.

Your adopted son :lol:

Could not agree with you more Alan on all of your points. Say Hi for me.

Your adopted son :lol:

wow Jim! you are always quicker than me for seconds! :lol:

thank you! you are our sweetest kid! :lol:

Couldn't agree more with you Alan (grandpops). I had the pleasure of sharing hot pot with her, Bob, Lili and some other fine folks in Shanghai. You are one lucky dude! :lol:

Enjoy your trip. I hear it's not quite as cold as CNY was brrrrrrrrrrr. Give granny a hug for me when you get there. Now, about that son of yours.... :rolleyes:

Thank you grandson,

say hello to your girl for us too :lol:

... wow, we have such a big family here! :lol:

Got my ticket on United for $699, unfortunately, Kate's was more than mine!!! But I saw that they really go up April 1

right! and yours is round trip, mine is only one way trip! can not believe mine would be more expensive than yours! :lol:

Got my ticket on United for $699, unfortunately, Kate's was more than mine!!! But I saw that they really go up April 1

right! and yours is round trip, mine is only one way trip! can not believe mine would be more expensive than yours! :lol:

Enight and Alan,

Hope you guys will be in the same plane and adjacent seats.

Enjoy reading the planning of you guys for accompanying your loved ones to come here. For those who will pick up fiancée at destination terminal, a piece of advice: please try to give your Chinese fiancée a warm meal when she arrives.

Here is a little story behind my advice. I knew a Chinese woman who fell in love with an American man when he worked in China, and they got married in American. When asked the difficulties in marriage, she talked about food, among many other things. She remembered clearly, after several years, the first meal that her American boyfriend gave to her when she arrived in airport. She did not like food on the plane, and she did not like the cold drink too. No body in China would like to drink ice water or other cold drink in winter. The first meal that her boyfriend offered to her was cold sandwich.

It involves culture differences. First, in China, a best traditional way to entertain friends or relatives is providing good food. The quality of food determines the degree of hospitality. Second, a guest will never ask anything else than what a host offers originally. The problem of “cold sandwich” are two folds, it is cold, and it contains fresh and uncooked vegetables, none of them is bearable to eat in winter.

After so many years, she still remembers it. The first meal is important, so feed your girls in proper way.

Enjoy reading the planning of you guys for accompanying your loved ones to come here. For those who will pick up fiancée at destination terminal, a piece of advice: please try to give your Chinese fiancée a warm meal when she arrives.

Here is a little story behind my advice. I knew a Chinese woman who fell in love with an American man when he worked in China, and they got married in American. When asked the difficulties in marriage, she talked about food, among many other things. She remembered clearly, after several years, the first meal that her American boyfriend gave to her when she arrived in airport. She did not like food on the plane, and she did not like the cold drink too. No body in China would like to drink ice water or other cold drink in winter. The first meal that her boyfriend offered to her was cold sandwich.

It involves culture differences. First, in China, a best traditional way to entertain friends or relatives is providing good food. The quality of food determines the degree of hospitality. Second, a guest will never ask anything else than what a host offers originally. The problem of “cold sandwich” are two folds, it is cold, and it contains fresh and uncooked vegetables, none of them is bearable to eat in winter.

After so many years, she still remembers it. The first meal is important, so feed your girls in proper way.

Good advice. First impression is very important.

You betcha!!!   I made sure of that!!!!!

Yi-qie shun-li

You can learn Chinese from eating fortune cookies (from the fortune). :lol:

thank you Tony!

yi qie shun li ! (everything goes smoothly in English) to you and to everyone ! :unsure:

and Alan is a good cook in both Western and Chinese cooking... I have dozens of pictures of the cooking he made :unsure: