New USCIS policy Regarding Form I-864

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handboo...upprt112305.pdf

This memorandum notifies that a person completing an Affidavit of Support(Form I-864) on behalf of an adjustment of status applicant is only required to file one Federal income tax retum, for the tax year that is most recent as of the date the Form I-864 was signed, rather than having to submit a Federal income tax return for each of the three most recent tax years.

That's great, but if I remember right, the USCIS says there is no charge for processing an I-864, but the NVC charges $64 to process the same form. so unless the state department signs off on only your last years tax form we may still be stuck sending the last three years.

Guest pushbrk
Don't count on GUZ being up to snuff.  Play it safe and have 3 years of taxes and the matching W2s on hand.

181763[/snapback]

So, then you don't think it's a good idea to go to the interview and tell GUZ they don't know the rules? You read that even though they told you to bring three years tax returns YOU only HAVE to bring one. Here it is. You really don't think this will work? Really? :ph34r:

What if you print the text from that link and get it notarized? Yeah, that'll work.

Don't count on GUZ being up to snuff.  Play it safe and have 3 years of taxes and the matching W2s on hand.

181763[/snapback]

So, then you don't think it's a good idea to go to the interview and tell GUZ they don't know the rules? You read that even though they told you to bring three years tax returns YOU only HAVE to bring one. Here it is. You really don't think this will work? Really? :ph34r:

What if you print the text from that link and get it notarized? Yeah, that'll work.

181768[/snapback]

I'll let you try that one Mike. By the time we have an interview I will have filed 2005 taxes, so we'll have 4 years of taxes available.

That's great, but if I remember right, the USCIS says there is no charge for processing an I-864, but the NVC charges $64 to process the same form.  so unless the state department signs off on only your last years tax form we may still be stuck sending the last three years.

181589[/snapback]

Although for CR1, the fee is stated as Adjustment of status fee, isn't really the biometric fee... K1s pay the same $70 stateside...

That's great, but if I remember right, the USCIS says there is no charge for processing an I-864, but the NVC charges $64 to process the same form.  so unless the state department signs off on only your last years tax form we may still be stuck sending the last three years.

181589[/snapback]

Although for CR1, the fee is stated as Adjustment of status fee, isn't really the biometric fee... K1s pay the same $70 stateside...

181899[/snapback]

As far as a CR-1 is concerned, the $70 is for the Affidavit of support. I864. After they recieve your wifes Ds3032, you will recieve the "Visa Fee Bill" , the IV bill is currently $380, I just mailed the chashiers chec today.