The Eternal Guessing Game

All of us are well aware of the fact that we have been through too many ups and downs, twists and turns, in this ongoing maze that most of us have probably lost count. Yet from Owen's most recent thread as well as things I have read in other threads, it would seem to me that we have had both good news and bad news lately. In light of this, I issue a call for us to remain vigilent and cautious.

The good news, obviously, is that more people seem to be getting their visas, or at least their clearances. That is welcome news without a doubt and I am sure that all of us share in their happiness. However, there are a few things that I have seen in recent threads that are a little alarming, but not surprising.

It would seem to me that we are again back to dealing with a great deal of conflicting information, disinformation, or just plain refusal to divulge information when dealing with DOS/CA/GZ. I feel that even though they have made efforts to streamline the process, the communication between these various agencies remains somewhat tenuous. Need proof? Just read through Owen's thread about one hand not knowing what the other is doing. For further evidence I offer the following from our case.

On January 16 I received a reply from GZ that our case had been resubmitted on January 13. Two weeks later I got through to DoS, not an easy task from over here, and they stated the case had not been resubmitted on the 13th. The last submission they showed was November 16. When Owen and I met with Richard Adams on February 10th he pulled up our case on the screen and it clearly showed that the case had been resubmitted January 13 according to GZ. A week later a friend in the States called DoS for us and they said yes, in fact, their screen showed a January 13 resubmission now, but it had only recently been entered. Only thing I can figure is Richard Adams was good on his word to check into this for us.

Fast forward to last week. I was able to get through to what used to be a reliable source at CA, before the pipeline was sealed, and he told me that his screen showed no record of a January 13 resub. Last thing he could see was the November 16 date. I mentioned the conflicting info cited above to him and he told me rather directly that this was not possible. If there was a January 13 resub, it would show on his screen. He did go on to tell me that our case was "ready to be sent back to GZ" and that it would be sent on February 24th. I, of course, hope this is in fact true. He stated further that it would take GZ 1-3 weeks to process the case and not to expect to hear from them any time soon. 1-3 weeks can be averaged out and translated as follows:

"Give us two more weeks". :rolleyes:

Any one hear that before? :blink:

Now my intention here is not by any means to add a note of negativity to what has been a period of positive activity for many. But what I do want to caution is this: I see a pattern emerging again of conflicting info from conflicting sources. For those who are still waiting, remain proactive and vigilent as this crazy process moves forward. I know I intend to.

In the past, and even in the present, I have felt and do feel, that when we are dealing with GZ/DoS/CA, we are actually dealing with Curly, Larry, and Moe. Don't mean any disrespect here, but my humble opinion is based on my experience as well as that of many others. Keep your eyes open, your ears open, and your feet moving. Let us not rest until this entire board is cleared, with visas in hand.

In the past, and even in the present, I have felt and do feel, that when we are dealing with GZ/DoS/CA, we are actually dealing with Curly, Larry, and Moe. Don't mean any disrespect here, but my humble opinion is based on my experience as well as that of many others.

THAT IS THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL THING I HAVE EVER SEEN ON MY COMPUTER SCREEN!!!!!!! MOE, LARRY, AND CURLY WERE 3 OF THE BEST ACTORS OF ALL TIME. :lol: :lol: TO EVEN MENTION THEM ON THE SAME PAGE AS GZ/DOS/CA IS SO DISTASTEFUL I COULD CRY :D :lol:

In the past, and even in the present, I have felt and do feel, that when we are dealing with GZ/DoS/CA, we are actually dealing with Curly, Larry, and Moe. Don't mean any disrespect here, but my humble opinion is based on my experience as well as that of many others.

THAT IS THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL THING I HAVE EVER SEEN ON MY COMPUTER SCREEN!!!!!!! MOE, LARRY, AND CURLY WERE 3 OF THE BEST ACTORS OF ALL TIME. :lol: :lol: TO EVEN MENTION THEM ON THE SAME PAGE AS GZ/DOS/CA IS SO DISTASTEFUL I COULD CRY :D :lol:

I said I didn't mean any disrespect! At least to Curly, Larry, and Moe! :D

And no slight to Shemp either. In fact, I have a Shemp avatar I have been thinking about activating. Whaddya think?

R2D2.....You made me laugh so hard at the cartoons you put on Candle, and the comments you and the other guys comparing Larry/Moe/Curly to the DOS/CA/GUZ. I have been waiting since July 2002 for clearance from DOS on my wife and daughters case K3/K4. I have successfully made contacts on the inside and things are moving as they are saying, but conflicting information is a daily thing for all agencies involved. I used to work government for 15 years....left them 4 years ago. I had a "I can't take this anymore " in my mind....I left that career to more greener pastures in the private business. All the tricks they do now I saw for the 15 years I worked with them. I think it will take them "another 20 years" to get the system working like it should be. I need anwsers from DOS, they say after 7 months of waiting now that they will give me a anwser on Feb. 26....but I cannot get happy because many times I feel these are just words.

Everyone who is getting Visas' now CONGRADULATIONS !!!

I have hope, but it has been a crazy rollarcoaster ride since I started with INS Oct. 2001 and now Feb. 2003 awaiting clearance from DOS. My marriage to my wife is strong, but my health mental/physical and my wife's health has suffered greatly because of being in a hopeless state of not knowing anwsers. My wife and I will need to rebuild our health again after everything is over. Sometimes I have been so emotionally stressed-out that I throw-up or loss control of my bodily functions while thinking about everything that has happened.

I have hope, but man my health has suffered greatly,

Again...CONGRADULATIONS EVERYONE GETTING VISA"S NOW

Thanks,

Chris D

:D :rolleyes: :lol: B) :P

I know the turmoil and I am no youngster, although I won't admit it. So, I know where you are coming from. Take one day at a time and smile. Good fortune will come just as suddenly as bad. :angry: :angry: