Medical clearance

Here is what happened today when Lucy and I went for her medical clearance for AOS.

We went to county and had her Varicella signed off and a booster shot for Td. They (county) could not give a dose of MMR because they stated that county does not do adult MMR. This could just be for Riverside County, where we reside but this may be an issue anyone may want to check into beforehand.

We met our Civil Surgeon, Dr. Oh, at 10:30 and was warmly greeted and he had me fill out prelim paperwork. Our total cost for exam and MMR shot was $170, which we will pay on Wednesday after getting back lab test results.

Dr. Oh and his P.A. took blood pressure, Lucy's weight, (95 Lbs.) :o

and performed the following blood tests, which Dr. Oh explained to be prior to the exam... HIV and the TB skin test. I asked him why do they take an Xray for the medical exam prior to the interview and he just said that he is required to take skin test for TB and HIV blood test and does not know why Xray is done... "putting cart before horse" is what he quipped and we shared a good chuckle. All this testing is included in the price Dr. Oh gave us and he charged me $60 for the MMR which he said Lucy would only need 1 shot and not the 2 shots they give children when being immunizized. He called it an MMR booster.

He listened to her heart, had her cough and take deep breaths, asked Lucy if she had any pains or allergies, etc...

He looked at her Xray that was done in GUZ and said they were negative and was even able to decipher the Chinese charactor document, as he is Korean. He was very nice and Lucy was very much at ease with him as she was very nervous at first when we arrived.

We go back Wednesday for test results and reading of the TB skin test.

We're almost home... time to adjust status that is!

Eric

The question is why did you get a physical??? The one she took in GZ is good for a year!

181023[/snapback]

I asked him the same question. The Doctor told me because he is required to do basic exam if he is to sign off on such an important issue.

I guess I would do the same if my signiture was on this paper.

The only medical documents we were allowed to keep from the POE was the Xrays from the China exam and the document explaining the results. This doctor has no knowledge of any exam, any testing or any results.

The whole process has been elementary school style, if that makes sense. I've been scratching my head wondering why the whole time... B)

wow, im shocked in reading all of this about y'alls experience with the civil surgeons and the cost....we went to our local health unit and got all the shots he needed, which were NO WHERE near the list the USCIS web page gives...we called the civil surgeon first and asked which ones he HAD to have.....so we got those, all for $10!!

then we went to the civil surgeon with his shot record and he signed off on everything...he didn't even check anything...he just looked at the shot record and put it in the envelope or whatever it is that has to be in the envelope and sealed it, with his signature across the seal.....he didn't even charge us anything or check anything on jacob and in fact told us that we wouldn't even need to bring the x-ray with us anywhere else, not even to him....then when we had the AOS interview, the IO told us not to bring it with us anymore either, he said, "what would i do wth that? We are not doctors!", we thought, "hey, you are right!" but then again, the minute we dont have it is the minute they want it!!!

:blink:

The question is why did you get a physical??? The one she took in GZ is good for a year!

181023[/snapback]

I asked him the same question. The Doctor told me because he is required to do basic exam if he is to sign off on such an important issue.

I guess I would do the same if my signiture was on this paper.

The only medical documents we were allowed to keep from the POE was the Xrays from the China exam and the document explaining the results. This doctor has no knowledge of any exam, any testing or any results.

The whole process has been elementary school style, if that makes sense. I've been scratching my head wondering why the whole time... :)

181162[/snapback]

The doctor ripped you off. he only needed to sign off on the vaccinaion suppliment. the results of the GZ physical were sent to UCIS. many of these cicil surgeons do the same thing. it took me several phone calls to find one who did only waht was needed.

I made several phone calls... maybe he is doing stuff not needed but of all the C.S. doctors I called, he was the closest in distance and cheapest in price. No waits and good hospitality.

My friend in North Carolina said he had to drive to Raleigh from Charlotte and pay almost $500 for everything because he said (his words, not mine) the AOS will not be valid because he had the shots done by an outside source and not the Civil Surgeon himself. So, he had the shots administered again by the Civil Surgeon and had to drive far to do it.

I am paying $170 total. $110 for the paperwork sign off and $60 for the MMR. County wanted $75 for the MMR, which they said later they did not have for adults and sent me on a wild goose chase to find. Kaiser is my HMO and they are jerking me around since she is a new member on my plan, they want to do a full physical on her... Yada-Yada-Yada

So...... in my eyes, after all this bullshit...

What a steal!!!

Sometimes we pay for what we deem a service is worth. His service is worth $170 to Lucy and I.

Here is what happened today when Lucy and I went for her medical clearance for AOS.

We went to county and had her Varicella signed off and a booster shot for Td. They (county) could not give a dose of MMR because they stated that county does not do adult MMR. This could just be for Riverside County, where we reside but this may be an issue anyone may want to check into beforehand.

We met our Civil Surgeon, Dr. Oh, at 10:30 and was warmly greeted and he had me fill out prelim paperwork. Our total cost for exam and MMR shot was $170, which we will pay on Wednesday after getting back lab test results.

Dr. Oh and his P.A. took blood pressure, Lucy's weight, (95 Lbs.)  :toot:

and performed the following blood tests, which Dr. Oh explained to be prior to the exam... HIV and the TB skin test. I asked him why do they take an Xray for the medical exam prior to the interview and he just said that he is required to take skin test for TB and HIV blood test and does not know why Xray is done... "putting cart before horse" is what he quipped and we shared a good chuckle. All this testing is included in the price Dr. Oh gave us and he charged me $60 for the MMR which he said Lucy would only need 1 shot and not the 2 shots they give children when being immunizized. He called it an MMR booster.

He listened to her heart, had her cough and take deep breaths, asked Lucy if she had any pains or allergies, etc...

He looked at her Xray that was done in GUZ and said they were negative and was even able to decipher the Chinese charactor document, as he is Korean. He was very nice and Lucy was very much at ease with him as she was very nervous at first when we arrived.

We go back Wednesday for test results and reading of the TB skin test.

We're almost home... time to adjust status that is!

Eric

181012[/snapback]

Hi Eric,

Sorry if I have missed the relevant info on this thread as this is my first time getting on this site. I have just started the process of getting my fianc~{(&~}e to US. Forgive me if it is too personal here: I can~{!/~}t help but notice that in your list if timeline, 09/27/05- Denial in interview, can you please tell me why? It seems that the decision was reversed since Lucy got the visa anyway. Can you please shield a bit light on this?

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Eric, welcome to Candle. You'll find all the information you'll need on this site. On the interview denial just go to the search engine and type in BLUE SLIP......that should give you a good idea of the types of things that can come up at interview time. The more you know in advance the more prepared you'll be when the interview arrives.

Hi Eric, welcome to Candle. You'll find all the information you'll need on this site. On the interview denial just go to the search engine and type in BLUE SLIP......that should give you a good idea of the types of things that can come up at interview time. The more you know in advance the more prepared you'll be when the interview arrives.

182010[/snapback]

Thanks Johnxiaoying,

What do you mean by search engine here. I browered the website and has not find a search option here. I am not sure if you are referring to Google here.

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Brian,

My story at the time it happened. I was pretty emotional during this time so please excuse the wording.

All worked out fantastic and we are married and ready to file AOS.

Best to you... Welcome to Candle

September 27th, 2005

Now that I am over the intial shock and have shed a few tears, I am ready to tell our story

Talked to Lucy at 8 PM Pacific after she received a blue slip for denial.

Many items were checked on the documents in which she had sent to me by Yahoo. I have the print outs in front of me and these are the reasons given.

"Further consideration will be given after presentation of..."

1. Who wrote the emails which are supposedly from the petitioner?

(I wrote those emails and had the English translated into Chinese alphabet using Alta Vista Babelfish so Lucy could read in both languages and help her understand my messages)

2nd page;

Correspondence:

8. Records of telephone contact made by the petitioner.

Statements:

9. A detailed statement, written by the petitioner, describing the evolution of your relationship, how met, when started dating and when-why became engaged.

11. A statement, written by the petitioner, listing every trip he has taken to China. Explain how time was spent together. List dates and events. Who arranged trip to China, purchased plane tickets for him etc...

Travel:

13. A notarized copy of the petitioner's passport pages clearly showing Chinese visa and entry and exit stamps.

14. Evidence of the party that purchased your petitioner's plane tickets he used to visit.

Page 3;

Residency:

19. The consulate has insufficient evidence about the residency of the following people marked with an X. Petitioners ex-spouse and your ex-spouse were both X'd

As you can see, it did not go well and she was scrutinized deeply. Either she was not carrying all the evidence I had sent her (and I sent her boxes of stuff) or she was in a panic after her VO could not speak Chinese.

I am so hurt and angry right now... after all these success stories I have been reading on this site...

Lucy was approached by a lady named Tammy after she left the consulate who offered her legal services but told Lucy $4000 USD to get her visa. This is for another post for another time. I just told Lucy to get back to Nanning and we will deal with this in an appeal after I compile all the necessary items the consulate is requesting.

I guess my natural reaction to all this would be WHAT WENT WRONG?

Any comments are welcome but would prefer if you PM'd me or send me an email. We really could use some help here.

Eric (esun41)

Edited by esun41 (see edit history)

182010[/snapback]

Thanks Johnxiaoying,

What do you mean by search engine here. I browered the website and has not find a search option here. I am not sure if you are referring to Google here.

Thanks!

Brian

182091[/snapback]

at the bottom right of most pages here on CFL, you will find a search and advanced search option for the site.

Goodluck !