CR-1 P3 info sent in but nothing for 1 year!

Hey everybody,

I don't know if anybody remembers me from almost a year ago, but I had a few posts then. anyhoo.

I live here in China (Shenzhen) with my wife. We got married in November of 2003 and started processing her visa shortly after that. In March of 2004 we received the P3 stuff and sent it in a few days later. Since then until now we have heard nothing from them. I bought phone cards from the CITIC bank and called the visa information hotline, but they just told me that they are still doing the name check?

Has anybody heard a similar story? Waiting a year for the namecheck to clear for a CR-1 visa? Please let me know if anybody has some extra background for this situation.

On a lighter note, my wife did give birth to our son this last June. He is now over 6 months old.

nate

Hey everybody,

I don't know if anybody remembers me from almost a year ago, but I had a few posts then.  anyhoo.

I live here in China (Shenzhen) with my wife.  We got married in November of 2003 and started processing her visa shortly after that.  In March of 2004 we received the P3 stuff and sent it in a few days later.  Since then until now we have heard nothing from them.  I bought phone cards from the CITIC bank and called the visa information hotline, but they just told me that they are still doing the name check?

Has anybody heard a similar story?  Waiting a year for the namecheck to clear for a CR-1 visa?  Please let me know if anybody has some extra background for this situation.

On a lighter note, my wife did give birth to our son this last June.  He is now over 6 months old.

nate

179758[/snapback]

oops..just a little correction. I said we sent in p3 stuff mar 2004.

I meant to say mar 2005! ;)

Nine months of name check seem very long for me. It only took two months for mine. Are your files at NVC or GUZ? Did you make sure that all of your documents are thorough and complete (i.e. all immigration bills paid, Affidavit of Support, tax returns, etc.)? I would call the DOS to get an update. Congratulations on your new baby.

Good luck!

Paul

Nine months of name check seem very long for me.  It only took two months for mine.  Are your files at NVC or GUZ?  Did you make sure that all of your documents are thorough and complete (i.e. all immigration bills paid, Affidavit of Support, tax returns, etc.)?  I would call the DOS to get an update.  Congratulations on your new baby. 

Good luck!

Paul

179784[/snapback]

I agree with Paul. 9 Months is too long for the name check. You need to shake some things up.

Nate, that is way too long at NVC as you know. It seems if you were missing a form or something they would have contacted you by now.

My Senator and House Rep. didn't help me much. They only did an NVC Inquiry and called the Congressional Liason at NVC. That didn't break things up for Li and me. I am from California and they aren't that interested in this sort of thing it seems. Maybe your state's people in Washington D.C. could do something for you. I know it has helped for some. Li and I waited over one year at NVC and we feel for you.

IMHO it is best if you call the office of your reps instead of writing, it is a start at least.

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)