shoe storage

Looking for a shoe storage thing to put next to my front door for when she gets here. I just dont'; hve room for piles of shoes laying in front of the door like she has at her place now. Maybe some small wooden cabinet with some short shelves?

Any links for stuff like this?

Lowe's has nice big ones for like $30 They are the kind that are cloth and they start off flat and expand down to cover the door. They have the wood ones too but they were over $50.

I was thinking of something like that myself, because my kids have too many shoes...

"Lao Po ..."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"You know how you always say, 'In China we do things the Chinese way and in America we do things the American way'"?

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Well in America we wear our shoes into the bedroom and put them in the closet. In the summer we often go bare foot throughout the home, and sometimes even in the backyard. In the winter we might wear flip flops around the house or just keep our shoes on."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

:whistling:

Guest pushbrk
"Lao Po ..."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"You know how you always say, 'In China we do things the Chinese way and in America we do things the American way'"?

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Well in America we wear our shoes into the bedroom and put them in the closet.  In the summer we often go bare foot throughout the home, and sometimes even in the backyard.  In the winter we might wear flip flops around the house or just keep our shoes on."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

179545[/snapback]

Let us know how that works out, Jim. :rolleyes:

"Lao Po ..."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Well in America we wear our shoes into the bedroom and put them in the closet.  In the summer we often go bare foot throughout the home, and sometimes even in the backyard.  In the winter we might wear flip flops around the house or just keep our shoes on."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

179545[/snapback]

179551[/snapback]

Hehe... I was thinking the same thing.

I have wood floors throughout the house, so I figure on slippers becoming a requirement (though hoping just socks will suffice). I don't like shoes in the house as it is, so that part works.

I've tried that technique Jim mentions, once, and she must have laughed for two minutes... :D

Looking for a shoe storage thing to put next to my front door for when she gets here.  I just dont'; hve room for piles of shoes laying in front of the door like she has at her place now.  Maybe some small wooden cabinet with some short shelves?

Any links for stuff like this?

179526[/snapback]

My wife made one out of an old baby crib I picked up at the trash dump that I was going to use to make a compost fence out of!

It must be divine intervention is all I can figure!...Lucky baby crib!

"Lao Po ..."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

:lol:

179545[/snapback]

THWACK!!!!

Here is a link to a nice white laquered one.

http://www.chinese-outpost.com/scripts/pro...p?idproduct=207

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
"Lao Po ..."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

:hug:

179545[/snapback]

179551[/snapback]

Hehe... I was thinking the same thing.

I've tried that technique Jim mentions, once, and she must have laughed for two minutes... :blink:

179558[/snapback]

But guys ... she smiles so sweetly when she says "Yes, Lao Gong."

"Lao Po ..."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

"Yes, Lao Gong."

179545[/snapback]

Nya'huh. Hey Jim! Let us know which racks you pick for the front and back door of the house. :P

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)