Biometrics to Greencard

So we took the old lady down to Sacramento to get Biometrics done after getting an apointment notice for Dec. 20th. So they took all the fingerprints and whatnot and put a little stamp on the apointment paper and sent us on our way.

So I look at the USCIS website a few days ago just to check up on how long it should take. At the Sacramento Service Center, it said that they were now processing AOS apps with a receipt date of around June. So does that mean that there's still another 7 months or so to go before my lady gets her green card?

Please Lord, say it isn't so!

I can't swear to it taking that long but it would not be unusual if it did take 7 months, or even longer. So be prepared for it. Hopefully it won't take that long. But as inconsistent as this process is, nobody will ever know, or could ever tell you.

If you have an USCIS online case portfolio, look at that and see if the case has been touched.

So we took the old lady down to Sacramento to get Biometrics done after getting an apointment notice for Dec. 20th. So they took all the fingerprints and whatnot and put a little stamp on the apointment paper and sent us on our way.

So I look at the USCIS website a few days ago just to check up on how long it should take. At the Sacramento Service Center, it said that they were now processing AOS apps with a receipt date of around June. So does that mean that there's still another 7 months or so to go before my lady gets her green card? 

179493[/snapback]

Plan on 2 weeks to 2 years. I am working on the latter with biometrics done 08/4/04.

It's is a roll of the dice.

I have a friend whose 01/05 interview is also "pending name check".

Or maybe you'll get lucky and the card will arrive in the mail with no interview.

WTFK :D

179493[/snapback]

I'm not the lord, but I do think it is so.

6 or 7 months is about average.

The LA service center is working on cases from about 2 weeks before we submitted our AOS petition, and our interview is in 2 weeks, which puts it about 7 months total wait for the AOS.

At least you have your SO with you so the wait shouldn't be that bad - hang in there!