Welcome Letter

We just got back home and checked the mailbox. We just got two NOA's I-797's in the mail "Notice Type: Welcome letter". Identicle Letters, Reciept and Notice dates are the same on both. One was mailed 1 week before the other. The 1st one had a green card in though. She now has the "authorization" to work and reside here. :D :)

That's cool, but I thought the tax payer ID # was required for work also.

I believe the SSN checkbox on the DS-230 is mainly geared towards employers who have petitioned aliens for a work visa (I-129).

Picture a large company that has petitioned scores of alien employees at any one time. By checking the box streamlines things for all involved.

This is kind of like the same situation with the infamous Item #11 on the I-134 that is and has always been questioned.

The forms used for immigration are used for more than just fiancee and marriage/family based visas.

I remember first seeing this about the DS-230 on the SSA website's immigration page. I was quite excited about it and emailed the SSA a few times on it. I found out that it didn't pertain to fiancee and marriage/family based visas.

I posted the details about it at the time and it is somewhere in the CFL vaults.

I remember Robert S. was also checking into the same thing at the time.