New Information From GZ

Everybody,

Believe it or not, I actually got through to GZ today and was told something I've never heard of yet! When I asked why her computer showed that our name check had been resubmitted on the 19th, but my source at DOS as of Friday shows no transmittal, she replied that now, as of 1-2 months ago, they do not submit them to the FBI, but instead to the National Visa Center. Have any of you heard of this yet? She also told me that recently it has been taking 1-2 months for the approval. I don't know if this helps any, it seems to just add another mysterious piece to this unsolvable puzzle.

carhil24

:angry: ;) :D

Everybody,

Believe it or not, I actually got through to GZ today and was told something I've never heard of yet!  When I asked why her computer showed that our name check had been resubmitted on the 19th, but my source at DOS as of Friday shows no transmittal, she replied that now, as of 1-2 months ago, they do not submit them to the FBI, but instead to the National Visa Center.  Have any of you heard of this yet?  She also told me that recently it has been taking 1-2 months for the approval.  I don't know if this helps any, it seems to just add another mysterious piece to this unsolvable puzzle.

carhil24

:angry:  ;)  :D

According to Richard Adams, they go to National Visa Center who, in turn, forwards them to the FBI. Rest assured, in terms of the namechecks themselves, the FBI is the final destination. It's just that some Consulates use a different route to get them there.

In the past, we have been told the process is that the name checks are sent to DoS, then to "a government agency" for the actual check. I think the confusion here is in terminology. Some GZ staffers, especially non-Americans, may confuse one agency for another. According to Richard Adams, again, the namechecks are conducted by FBI and I have had this confirmed by two other sourcess.

It may be that DoS began to route the applications for clearance to NVS at some point. This sound confusing. :blink:

That's because it is! :blink: :blink: :blink:

The exception to this policy was the disk containing family based visa submissions, excluding K1s, that GZ forwarded directly to FBI on January 10th. I think some of the recent clearances we have seen come through on family based visas were from cases on this disk. Basically, one step in the process was by-passed to speed up the process.

I really hope I haven't confused you more with all this.

I really hope I haven't confused you more with all this.

:blink: D-u-hhh....., what? :angry: :blink:

Just kidding :blink:

But seriously, I would be surprised if our government hasn't actually confused themselves by all this. ;) We know for sure they have confused many of the employees at the 1225 info line.

You are right on the money with that one AZ. I think they are dazed, confused, and befuddled. ;) :D :blink:

What time is where you guys are anyway? It's around 4:50pm over here. What are you guys still doing up?