Multiple Entry "L" China Visa

Hello,

I did our I-129F and we are NOA1 as of November 16. I am returning for a second visit with my SO in late July, but we are hoping to be close to interview then since CSC and GUZ both appear to have sped up recently. Has anybody gotten a multiple entry "L" China visa? I want to be able to return at the interview or for an emergency overcome without another visa application. I am able to submit at Los Angeles in person and the process was very smooth last time (October visit). Can a fiancee issue an invitation letter for a multiple entry "L" visa?

-James

Hello,

I did our I-129F and we are NOA1 as of November 16.  I am returning for a second visit with my SO in late July, but we are hoping to be close to interview then since CSC and GUZ both appear to have sped up recently.  Has anybody gotten a multiple entry "L" China visa?  I want to be able to return at the interview or for an emergency overcome without another visa application.  I am able to submit at Los Angeles in person and the process was very smooth last time (October visit).  Can a fiancee issue an invitation letter for a multiple entry "L" visa?

-James

178250[/snapback]

I don't think you need an invitation letter.

For "purpose" I just put "tourist" and then

the cities I intend to visit.

I think the PRC is more concerned with collecting

the visa fee and have you spend money in China

rather than getting into your personal bussiness.

Have Fun

Hello,

I did our I-129F and we are NOA1 as of November 16.  I am returning for a second visit with my SO in late July, but we are hoping to be close to interview then since CSC and GUZ both appear to have sped up recently.  Has anybody gotten a multiple entry "L" China visa?  I want to be able to return at the interview or for an emergency overcome without another visa application.  I am able to submit at Los Angeles in person and the process was very smooth last time (October visit).  Can a fiancee issue an invitation letter for a multiple entry "L" visa?

-James

178250[/snapback]

Have Fun

178287[/snapback]

Hi,

So, you have received a multiple entry (the kind good for one year) entry "L" visa by just doing a tourist application?

-James

Guest pushbrk
Hello,

-James

178250[/snapback]

Have Fun

178287[/snapback]

Hi,

So, you have received a multiple entry (the kind good for one year) entry "L" visa by just doing a tourist application?

-James

178289[/snapback]

From the best I can figure L Visas are not good for a year. Only business Visas are good for a year. They require an invitation letter from a company.

If you're married to a Chinese Citizen you can get a double entry visa good for six months.

Some websites only quote fees for the Visa you want and list no requirements. I would call either a visa service or the Embassy for clarification.

Hello,

-James

178250[/snapback]

Have Fun

178287[/snapback]

Hi,

-James

178289[/snapback]

From the best I can figure L Visas are not good for a year. Only business Visas are good for a year. They require an invitation letter from a company.

If you're married to a Chinese Citizen you can get a double entry visa good for six months.

Some websites only quote fees for the Visa you want and list no requirements. I would call either a visa service or the Embassy for clarification.

178291[/snapback]

Hi,

The Chinese Embassy website gives two classes of long term "L" visas, one 6 months, one for a year.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm

There is an additional requirement for an invitation IT SAYS. But very little I read about China Visas online was true when I got mine. I went to the office in Los Angeles (apparently the western region processing center) and just handed my application and photo. I started to ask about the priority payments, etc when the girl stamped the application, took my passport and said 'pick up Thursday' (it was Monday morning).

So, I wonder if anybody has gotten one of these "L" visas? I am trying to get ahead of the game and study the next steps in our process.

-James

Guest pushbrk
Hello,

-James

178250[/snapback]

Have Fun

178287[/snapback]

Hi,

-James

178289[/snapback]

178291[/snapback]

Hi,

The Chinese Embassy website gives two classes of long term "L" visas, one 6 months, one for a year.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm

There is an additional requirement for an invitation IT SAYS. But very little I read about China Visas online was true when I got mine. I went to the office in Los Angeles (apparently the western region processing center) and just handed my application and photo. I started to ask about the priority payments, etc when the girl stamped the application, took my passport and said 'pick up Thursday' (it was Monday morning).

So, I wonder if anybody has gotten one of these "L" visas? I am trying to get ahead of the game and study the next steps in our process.

-James

178293[/snapback]

Maybe somebody will give you that direct answer but the information you gave a link to is pretty clear.

4. To apply for a Multiple Entry "L" Visa valid for 6 months or 1 year, one of the following requirements shall be met:

l submit documents that certify he/she will come to China frequently for family visits or sightseeing. Acceptable documents include an invitation letter from your family member in China or proof of the kinship; or ownership certificate of real estate in China, or sale agreement or lease agreement of an apartment in China; or a copy of adoption certificate or the child's former Chinese passport if he/she has adopted a child from China; or

l foreign Chinese born in China who has visited China at least twice in the past 12 months, shall submit a copy of the visa(s); or

l submit an official letter issued by the host institution in China, or an application letter which explains the need to visit China frequently for tourism; or

l Renew a multiple entry "L" visa, and shall submit a copy of the visa if it's in a different passport rather than the one submitted for a new visa.

===================================================

This is the relevant portion.

or an application letter which explains the need to visit China frequently for tourism;

Write your own letter explaining your need to make multiple tourist visits to China and hand it in with your passport and fees.

I have a multiple entry "L" visa valid for one year. I guess I belong to "foreign Chinese born in China who has visited China at least twice in the past 12 months". Last time when I spoke to the travel agency, I remember they said the invitation letters from my Chinese relatives or even my Chinese marriage certificates would have very limited roles in obtaining a "multiple entry visa". But you certainly can give it a try. Good luck.

178289[/snapback]

178291[/snapback]

I received a 6-month multiple entry visa, in September 2005.  No questions were asked by the embassy and no special reason was given by me.

178308[/snapback]

That's my impression also - you simply check the box for the type of visa you want.

For contact information, I simply gave them Jiaying's information. No letter of invitation. For same day service, they could not have verified the information.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Direct reply: ;)

I got a one year, multi entry L visa from the LA Chinese consulate. I applied in person. Filled out the form. Said I wanted to visit friends in Beijing and Chongqing. Did not give names or addresses of "friends". Did not have any supporting letters, etc. Handed in the application, photos, and passport. Paid and picked it up 3 days later. Piece 'o cake. I've used this visa four times thus far. Please let us know if you have any problems.

For my next visa I intend to write the Counsel General in LA, give a little background, tell him I've been to China X times already, and ask for a two year multi entry L visa with 90 day stays. These do exist.

Ohh ... PS: The current visa limits me to 30 day stays. I could do a longer trip and depart and reenter in the middle at HK, thus resetting the 30 day clock, but that's a hassle and expense.

Edited by jim_julian (see edit history)
For my next visa I intend to write the Counsel General in LA, give a little background, tell him I've been to China X times already, and ask for a two year multi entry L visa with 90 day stays.  These do exist.

What? What?

You are really ambitious! This is the first time I have ever ever heard of a two year multi-entry L visa.

I own property (an apartment) in China and showed this fact to the consulate in New York.

I obtained a one-year multiple entry F visa (I applied for L but they gave me F for some reason). The maximum stay per entry is 90 days. This was in March 2005 and I have used it 4 or 5 times since then with no problems.

Joe

Direct reply:    :o

I got a one year, multi entry L visa from the LA Chinese consulate.  I applied in person.  Filled out the form.  Said I wanted to visit friends in Beijing and Chongqing.  Did not give names or addresses of "friends". Did not have any supporting letters, etc.  Handed in the application, photos, and passport.  Paid and picked it up 3 days later.  Piece 'o cake.  I've used this visa four times thus far.  Please let us know if you have any problems.

For my next visa I intend to write the Counsel General in LA, give a little background, tell him I've been to China X times already, and ask for a two year multi entry L visa with 90 day stays.  These do exist.

Ohh ... PS: The current visa limits me to 30 day stays. I could do a longer trip and depart and reenter in the middle at HK, thus resetting the 30 day clock, but that's a hassle and expense.

178315[/snapback]

Hello,

Thank YOU! Yes, my first experience led me to believe the published rules are not followed much. I want the multi-entry so I can see my lady in July when I have vacation time available and her daughter is not in school so my daughter can bond with her. I also see the need to be able to travel on short notice for an emergency overcome. Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I will apply in May 2006 for a 12 month "L" visa. That will give me travel permission for up to 17 months into our process.

Thanks again,

-James

Guest pushbrk
Gotcha there Jim!

Per their website map showing juristiction (LA vs. SF consulate for a NV resident) and a statement if one went to the wrong Consulate they would be refused the visa I kept going to SF at QUITE an expense. Last time the nasty woman on the far right window in SF asked why I didn't go to LA? Told her about the above map and she responded "No, you go to LA next time".

Step-daughter's P-4 should be coming out soon I hope- LA here I come.

I just remembered about calling the Embassy in DC (way back- about Apr. or May 2004) trying to get a long term visa- SEVERAL CALLS, out for lunch, closed, busy, busy,busy- when someone finally answered a few calls I did get through on it was a male that had limited English and no matter what I asked I was told "You get 30 day!". "What if I'm married?" "You get 30 day!!!!", "I TELL YOU 30 DAY!!!!!!!" Made The Dragon Lady at SF seem moderately pleasant!

178490[/snapback]

Unless you're wanting something you don't think you can get in the mail, (like going to the window at LA for 12 month multiple entry visa) I don't see any reason to go to any travel expense. For 19 bucks over the visa fee and some priority mail postage, you can get the normal Visa through www.visa-chinese.com in Houston.

On the other hand, you can buy a lot of Visas for what it would cost me to get to SF. :-)