Multiple Entry "L" China Visa

I applied for multi-entry L visa during my visit to china.  It was not easy and my wife had to write a letter also.  We did it at the same place I got my temp. residence permit.  It was quick, and they didn't charge extra fees.

Hope this helps.

179593[/snapback]

Bill, I'm sorry but I'm having trouble understanding your post. You applied during your visit to China ... as you applied for the visa when you were already there?

Your situation is different than mine as you are already married.

I'd appreciate some feedback on where exactly you replied for the visa and what kind of a L visa (duration 1 or 2 years?; length of stay each visit?) you got.

I don't think you are required to use the embassy/consulate that has consular jurisdiction... I used DC when SF is the one that would be for my area. I used a service recommended to me by another user, and if I was at home I would list it. I will post it when I get back from work here in LA (I hate LA, and it isnt any better knowing I am one flight from my girl...).

I'm going for a double next time, since I think it will be within 6 months from the time I go visit my wife next and when I go back to bring her home (and double the amount of luggage we can carry on the plane - lol).

Guest pushbrk
I don't think you are required to use the embassy/consulate that has consular jurisdiction...  I used DC when SF is the one that would be for my area.  I used a service recommended to me by another user, and if I was at home I would list it.  I will post it when I get back from work here in LA (I hate LA, and it isnt any better knowing I am one flight from my girl...).

I'm going for a double next time, since I think it will be within 6 months from the time I go visit my wife next and when I go back to bring her home (and double the amount of luggage we can carry on the plane - lol).

179937[/snapback]

SF is the Chinese Consulate for my area but I got my Visa through a service in Houston.

I had a double entry a few years ago as a tourist. I had two single entry visas before that.

178310[/snapback]

Please forgive me if my question is naive but I am planning to go to China for my first time in late March for 10 to 14 days to see my girlfriend. I plan to go back in late May and September as well. Each trip will be two weeks or less. Would it be dumb to get 3 single entry tourist visas? Any advice is certainly appreciated.

Please forgive me if my question is naive but I am planning to go to China for my first time in late March for 10 to 14 days to see my girlfriend.  I plan to go back in late May and September as well.  Each trip will be two weeks or less. Would it be dumb to get 3 single entry tourist visas?  Any advice is certainly appreciated.

180026[/snapback]

I'd suggest you try for a one year multi entry L visa. It will have a 30 day per visit limit allow unlimited entries over the one year period. Just say you are "visiting friends" no further info or letters should be required. If at all possible do it yourself at a Chinese consulate.

Please forgive me if my question is naive but I am planning to go to China for my first time in late March for 10 to 14 days to see my girlfriend.  I plan to go back in late May and September as well.  Each trip will be two weeks or less. Would it be dumb to get 3 single entry tourist visas?  Any advice is certainly appreciated.

180026[/snapback]

I'd suggest you try for a one year multi entry L visa. It will have a 30 day per visit limit allow unlimited entries over the one year period. Just say you are "visiting friends" no further info or letters should be required. If at all possible do it yourself at a Chinese consulate.

180069[/snapback]

Thank you very much for you advice. I will look into that.

For my next visa I intend to write the Counsel General in LA, give a little background, tell him I've been to China X times already, and ask for a two year multi entry L visa with 90 day stays.  These do exist.

What? What?

You are really ambitious! This is the first time I have ever ever heard of a two year multi-entry L visa.

178318[/snapback]

YES - YES it is true!! I have a multi entry, one year visa as well. I was sitting next to a guy who showed me his visa that was good for two years. It was issued from LA. I beleive he said that there was no option on the app to request the two years. But, if you write on the form you request two years you will get it. Maybe somebody else out there knows a little bit more about the two years. But, I did see the two year visa with my own eyes. My visa is up in June. So I plan to apply for the two years as well.

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
For my next visa I intend to write the Counsel General in LA, give a little background, tell him I've been to China X times already, and ask for a two year multi entry L visa with 90 day stays.  These do exist.

What? What?

You are really ambitious! This is the first time I have ever ever heard of a two year multi-entry L visa.

178318[/snapback]

YES - YES it is true!! I have a multi entry, one year visa as well. I was sitting next to a guy who showed me his visa that was good for two years. It was issued from LA. I beleive he said that there was no option on the app to request the two years. But, if you write on the form you request two years you will get it. Maybe somebody else out there knows a little bit more about the two years. But, I did see the two year visa with my own eyes. My visa is up in June. So I plan to apply for the two years as well.

180205[/snapback]

I went to the Chinese consulate's website. The two year visa is only for business purpose. You need a formal invitation letter from a formal (reputed) organization located in China plus past documented entries to China in order to qualify for a two-year visa. I am not sure if you can do it for a tourist/relative visiting visa ("L").

Edited by Stone (see edit history)

What? What?

178318[/snapback]

180205[/snapback]

I went to the Chinese consulate's website. The two year visa is only for business purpose. You need a formal invitation letter from a formal (reputed) organization located in China plus past documented entries to China in order to qualify for a two-year visa. I am not sure if you can do it for a tourist/relative visiting visa ("L").

180207[/snapback]

Yep ... that's what the website sez ... I think I'll try the "write in 2 years" option. The "rules" seem to be a little loose.