Bank Letter for I-134

Guest pushbrk
No idea what his SSD payments will total. Looks like whatever that reported amount is along with the documentation of the house value/loan amount may be in order. I'd also be thinking about a co-sponsor for a back-up maybe???

Just for reference (and not knowing what GUZ might ask for) I took my deed, house payments, loan package and appraisal to GUZ with me. Had just bought the house last year and paid cash for more than 2/3 of the value. Things were pretty well documented as to my actual cash value.

178335[/snapback]

The SSD is likely to be a bit dicey. However, the SS administration usuallly takes a long time to approve and then snds a large lump sum in back payments. I'm with Richard. I'd get a co-sponsor as back-up. Your situation should make any family member comfortable being your back-up.

I'm going a bit in the dark here because I have no idea about your income between the time of the accident and now. If you wish more advice here, you'll have to disclose the whole picture to somebody by PM or in the forum.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for reference (and not knowing what GUZ might ask for) I took my deed, house payments, loan package and appraisal to GUZ with me. Had just bought the house last year and paid cash for more than 2/3 of the value. Things were pretty well documented as to my actual cash value.

:lol: I have the SSD papers from the Gov about my pay. I am getting the house appraised again next week. the house next door just sold for 162,500.00 10 days ago. I have the bank statements with a fair amount of money currently sitting in the bank too. I have the payoff statement from the laon compay stating the 58,800.00 pay off signed by the company and dated. I am getting the deed from the attorny stating I have the only name on the house from the divorce. Also I have a current house payment schedual as how much I pay each month.

Again, this is all I have. I have asked several for sponsorship help and was blatenly told NO!!! So I hope the Government income garanteed and the $100000.00 equity will he my prayer.

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)

I'm going a bit in the dark here because I have no idea about your income between the time of the accident and now. If you wish more advice here, you'll have to disclose the whole picture to somebody by PM or in the forum.

Even though I was seperated from my last wife for a year, she helped take card of me, and we filed jointly. I had made over the years period 2k total. Mostly from the audio jobs I was doing before I started losing my hearing in my right ear. So I have a w-2 for 2k for 2004 and Jean had a w-2 for 37k for 2004. that is how I made it last year before the disability. :lol:

Guest pushbrk
I'm going a bit in the dark here because I have no idea about your income between the time of the accident and now.  If you wish more advice here, you'll have to disclose the whole picture to somebody by PM or in the forum.

Even though I was seperated from my last wife for a year, she helped take card of me, and we filed jointly. I had made over the years period 2k total. Mostly from the audio jobs I was doing before I started losing my hearing in my right ear. So I have a w-2 for 2k for 2004 and Jean had a w-2 for 37k for 2004. that is how I made it last year before the disability. :lol:

178348[/snapback]

If GUZ will accept your home equity then you'll be ok. I don't know. If you want help, you'll have to be specific about the actual SSD amount. You'll also need to say what you mean by "a good amount". It doesn't compute mathematically.

I think you need to lay out the whole picture, certainly for GUZ and probably in advance. You are asking for help but not providing enough information.

Let me tell you exactly what needs to be considered.

"Cash" in the bank. What is the amount?

Monthly income. What is the amount?

What kind of Visa are you applying for?

How many years taxes are required by your package?

What was your personal income for any other applicable years?

I'm going a bit in the dark here because I have no idea about your income between the time of the accident and now.  If you wish more advice here, you'll have to disclose the whole picture to somebody by PM or in the forum.

Even though I was seperated from my last wife for a year, she helped take card of me, and we filed jointly. I had made over the years period 2k total. Mostly from the audio jobs I was doing before I started losing my hearing in my right ear. So I have a w-2 for 2k for 2004 and Jean had a w-2 for 37k for 2004. that is how I made it last year before the disability. :cheering:

178348[/snapback]

If GUZ will accept your home equity then you'll be ok. I don't know. If you want help, you'll have to be specific about the actual SSD amount. You'll also need to say what you mean by "a good amount". It doesn't compute mathematically.

I think you need to lay out the whole picture, certainly for GUZ and probably in advance. You are asking for help but not providing enough information.

178350[/snapback]

I hope the will help a little

1-Cash in bank currently is $4500.00

2-I get SSD of 922.00/mo

3-k-1 with daughter attached

4-It just says 2004 or last years taxes

5-Before the accident I made 33000.00/yr Been out of work for about 4 years supporetd by x-wife until I got SSD

Guest pushbrk

Even though I was seperated from my last wife for a year, she helped take card of me, and we filed jointly. I had made over the years period 2k total. Mostly from the audio jobs I was doing before I started losing my hearing in my right ear. So I have a w-2 for 2k for 2004 and Jean had a w-2 for 37k for 2004. that is how I made it last year before the disability. :cheering:

178348[/snapback]

178350[/snapback]

I hope the will help a little

1-Cash in bank currently is $4500.00

2-I get SSD of 922.00/mo

3-k-1 with daughter attached

4-It just says 2004 or last years taxes

5-Before the accident I made 33000.00/yr Been out of work for about 4 years supporetd by x-wife until I got SSD

178402[/snapback]

Ok, well the only way you are going to qualify is by using your home equity. I don't know if that works. Somebody else might or we could simply post that question directly in the GUZ Speaks thread. I'll do that.

I wonder if you've considered just how well you could live if you simply sold your home and moved to China to be with your lady. Just a thought. :-)

Really would be nice to know if GUZ will take that option of the home only and the SSD amount included.

If you wish to post if please do!! :cheering: Really would be nice to know if GUZ will take that option of the home only and the SSD amount included.

If you wish to post if please do!! :cheering:

Guest pushbrk
Really would be nice to know if GUZ will take that option of the home only and the SSD amount included.

If you wish to post if please do!!  :cheering: Really would be nice to know if GUZ will take that option of the home only and the SSD amount included.

If you wish to post if please do!!  :cheering:

178414[/snapback]

I did. With the holidays, I don't know how soon we'll see an answer but I would expect to by next week some time.

You would be wise to post a timeline like most of the rest of us have. It will assist all who attempt to help you.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
rlheim, I am in the middle of a K-1 with no children.  My lawyer wants my last 3 years of tax returns & W-2s.  Is it another form for the daughter that states only last years tax return?  Also the lawyer never mentioned anything about bank statements, just letter of employment.

Larry

178422[/snapback]

Larry,

I'm sure that if your lawyer knew your last three years tax returns would show you didn't qualify, he would have asked for the additional information. Circumstances differ. Solutions and requirements differ.

rlheim, I am in the middle of a K-1 with no children.  My lawyer wants my last 3 years of tax returns & W-2s.  Is it another form for the daughter that states only last years tax return?  Also the lawyer never mentioned anything about bank statements.

Larry

178422[/snapback]

Hi Larry

You would be just fine with the 3 years, anything helps. And no the daughter just more or less rides on her mothers back. But still goes through some checking. It is our responsibility to prove I can take care of both of them.

I am looking at the I-134 now

A-statemaent of an officer of the bank wher you have deposits giving the following info

1 date opened

2 total amount deposited for the past year

3 present balance

B - Statement of Employer on business stationary showing

1 Date and nature of employment

2 salary paid

3 whether the position is temp or perm

C - If self employed

1 copy of last income tax return filed, or

2 report of commercial rating concern

D - List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owners.

rlheim, I am in the middle of a K-1 with no children.  My lawyer wants my last 3 years of tax returns & W-2s.  Is it another form for the daughter that states only last years tax return?  Also the lawyer never mentioned anything about bank statements, just letter of employment.

Larry

178422[/snapback]

Larry,

I'm sure that if your lawyer knew your last three years tax returns would show you didn't qualify, he would have asked for the additional information. Circumstances differ. Solutions and requirements differ.

178426[/snapback]

Thanks Mike. I added my info like you requested too.

Guest pushbrk

Larry

178422[/snapback]

Larry,

178426[/snapback]

178428[/snapback]

That helps. I looked at the I-134 form you'll be filling out. There is a place for you to put information about real estate owned and show the value and mortgage, if any. That would seem to indicate it is "considered" but to what extent is not clear without a definitive answer from GUZ.

I don't wish to cause unnecessary worry OR get your hopes to high. Appropriate expectations are always preferable. Knowing the only way your home equity can be used to support your SO is to sell the home or have the government seize it to repay government support of your SO that you gauranteed, I would expect home equity to be a minor consideration.

That's why I asked you if you had considered selling your home and moving to China to be with you SO. If the answer from GUZ isn't good, (and I don't think it will be) you would appear to have only the options of moving to China or abandoning your marriage plans.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Larry

178422[/snapback]

Larry,

178426[/snapback]

178428[/snapback]

That helps. I looked at the I-134 form you'll be filling out. There is a place for you to put information about real estate owned and show the value and mortgage, if any. That would seem to indicate it is "considered" but to what extent is not clear without a definitive answer from GUZ.

I don't wish to cause unnecessary worry OR get your hopes to high. Appropriate expectations are always preferable. Knowing the only way your home equity can be used to support your SO is to sell the home or have the government seize it to repay government support of your SO that you gauranteed, I would expect home equity to be a minor consideration.

That's why I asked you if you had considered selling your home and moving to China to be with you SO. If the answer from GUZ isn't good, (and I don't think it will be) you would appear to have only the options of moving to China or abandoning your marriage plans.

178440[/snapback]

I have given them the other personal assets I have like, like what is left of my audio system and lighting system, and furniture, and my conversion van. All total about $20,000.00. But for as bonds, stocks, anything like that, no. I have a retirement fund that will be given to me at 62 from the City of St Louis because I used to work for them until the accident. Currently 51 years old. 3 months 52. Yanlan is 42, Lulu is 17.

Other than that I am just a poor man.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Yanlan is just as sad, but more optimistic than I am.

Rick

I have thought about moving there though.