finally finished with the USCIS!!!

That's it! We are done. The CF-1 stamp was given this week, at the interview. We were told that our case file was so huge that we would not be called back for another interview after the 2 years (at least we hope that it still holds...he did type it into the computer).

Thus, we are done with the USCIS, forever we hope!

What was most interesting is that our interview was far from what we expected:

1. We were told to not keep giving more evidence (after seeing our file more than 5 inches thick, they believed us).

2. most of the questions were directed to me, not to my wife.

3. we spent more than 1/3 of the 15 minute interview talking about qingdao beer and the up-coming Olympics in the city in 2008

4. after changing into a dress-up skirt, the attendants in the building offered much "help" to my wife, although before, in her comfey pants, people ignored us both profusely.

5. the interviewer asked us about how we met, and then about what we ate the day before

6. we got a good interviewer, middle-aged male. it seems that the people with female interviewers, or younger ones, were having a rougher time.

7. we talked more informally than formally, and it made all 3 of us more at ease!

8. go in with everything organized...we wasted no time getting out papers when asked, and often, he saw another 5-6 important papers there, so that he did not need to ask much...this saved us more time to talk about qingdao beer and the up and coming Olympics!

9. bring pictures of the FAMILIES together. he wanted these for the file, and even just made copies of them, allowing us to keep the originals!

For more information, feel free to ask. If you live in NJ/NYC, then I can give you more details in a private message!

Now, back to having fun!!! :-)

Good news and congratulations.  Finally finished with USCIS? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif Now that's a good one.  Unless she becomes a US citizen,  USCIS is your buddy for life. :rolleyes:

177762[/snapback]

Aren't address changes required to be reported to USCIS by anyone who's still a foreign national, too?

Congrats on the approval of AOS.

Like Frank says though, Do not get lulled into thinking you are done with USCIS. Maybe they might not interview next time as this is their option, but all the same you MUST FILE I-751 THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF AOS. PLUS THEY CAN ALWAYS CHANGE THEIR MIND. Remember, you are playing their game, by their rules which they have a few guidelines and then made up from there to suit each application. The only constant is that these rules change. Some changes are based on politics and others based on issues with other applications.