K3 Visa can we go????

My wife is here on a K3 Visa. We live in Michigan and I know her visa is a muktile entry visa so des that mean we can go across to canada? thanks for any gwlp with  this question because she is driving me nuts always asking ha ha ha. :)

177416[/snapback]

Doug just got back. His wife is a brand-new K-3 also.

Doug and Amy's trip

177420[/snapback]

actually they are a CR-1 i WENT THE K3 route thats why i am unsure of our limitations. Thanks though.

Guest pushbrk
My wife is here on a K3 Visa. We live in Michigan and I know her visa is a muktile entry visa so des that mean we can go across to canada? thanks for any gwlp with  this question because she is driving me nuts always asking ha ha ha. :)

177416[/snapback]

Doug just got back. His wife is a brand-new K-3 also.

Doug and Amy's trip

177420[/snapback]

actually they are a CR-1 i WENT THE K3 route thats why i am unsure of our limitations. Thanks though.

177423[/snapback]

If you want the right answer, you must ask the right question. :-)

What you really want to know is whether your SO can return to the USA if she leaves. I don't know the answer, just the right question. :-)

That is the million dollar question. -_-

I'd be interested in this also, since the nearest 'large' city to me is in Canada, plus I already have my wife interested in trying 'real' fish and chips up in Castlegar, BC. mmm Joey's Only.... :9 Got a while before she is K-anything though ;\

I don't think non immigrant visas like the K-3 will let you in to Canada.  If I recall, you need a green card or US passport.  Absent those, my guess is that she'll need a visa in her Chinese passport to enter Canada.  Getting back into the US should be ok with the K-3.

Take a look at:  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.html

177431[/snapback]

Doesn't Doug's story pretty well answer that? While she may be allowed entry with the K-3 (with a cooperative IO), it might be safest to get a visa before going.

Seems like K-3 and CR-1's are in the same multiple entry boat here.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
I don't think non immigrant visas like the K-3 will let you in to Canada.?If I recall, you need a green card or US passport.?Absent those, my guess is that she'll need a visa in her Chinese passport to enter Canada.?Getting back into the US should be ok with the K-3.

Take a look at:?http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.html

177431[/snapback]

Doesn't Doug's story pretty well answer that? While she may be allowed entry with the K-3 (with a cooperative IO), it might be safest to get a visa before going.

Seems like K-3 and CR-1's are in the same multiple entry boat here.

177436[/snapback]

Doug's wife was CR-1, a legal permanent resident. Adam's wife is still K-3 - a big difference

My wife is here on a K3 Visa. We live in Michigan and I know her visa is a muktile entry visa so des that mean we can go across to canada? thanks for any gwlp with?this question because she is driving me nuts always asking ha ha ha. :rolleyes:

177416[/snapback]

i am pretty sure that she's gotta have a us passport; a permanent registration card; or a stamp with her green card # on her passport in order to enter to canada.

Edited by chrisasta (see edit history)