Wait time for P3

I emailed GUZ asking if they receive our paper copy of file yet. This is there response.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. We've not yet recieved this case. After NVC

notifies an applicant that they have shipped the petition to the Consulate,

typically it takes 60 to 120 days for file/petition to be received and

processed by post. This time period includes the time required to clear

China's customs, security screening of the boxes when they are received by post, and then sorting and processing time for the Immigrant Visa Unit."

They also told me I need to use the pay service by phone for questions. :drunk:

I emailed GUZ asking if they receive our paper copy of file yet.  This is there response.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. We've not yet recieved this case. After NVC

notifies an applicant that they have shipped the petition to the Consulate,

typically it takes 60 to 120 days for file/petition to be received and

processed by post. This time period includes the time required to clear

China's customs, security screening of the boxes when they are received by post, and then sorting and processing time for the Immigrant Visa Unit."

They also told me I need to use the pay service by phone for questions. :drunk:

177317[/snapback]

I looked at DHL and there were no boxes shipped on the 23rd of November. The next batch went out on the 25th and it was signed for by STAMP on 12/15. It also says "in transit". Can you call DHL and ask about shipment #7926445881??

Larry

IluvmyLi,

Do not bother calling the 54 RMB phone system, they will just tell you the same thing (wait 60 to 120 days).

What's more, in my (and several other members') experience, the information given to you by the agents at the phone system is out of date.

In my case, yesterday we called and they said they had no record of our case. But then we got an EMS just this morning from Guangzhou with our P3! So obviously they had a record of our case, as they had already mailed out the P3. But the lady on the phone was not aware of that.

I believe that there is a significant delay between the time things actually get done and the time the computers reflect what has been done.

Joe

Yesterday I called GUZ (the phone service that costs 54 RMB for 12 minutes) and they said they have no record of our case and nothing had been entered into the computer.

Less than 24 hours later, the P3 was in our hands. (I am living with my fiancee in China now)

This shows that the people staffing the telephone system do not have the most up to date information.

Joe