"A" number ???

Yes completely different and this time she says she has a lucky number :lol:

189174[/snapback]

Interesting ... it seems this process is really more random and non-uniform everyday.

When I filled out the SSN application for my wife and some other documents when we first entered the country I always put "None" for the "A number" since I didn't think she had one. But then I read on here or some other board that it was the number from her NOA2, so I used that one when I filled out the forms for AOS. When we got the receipt and appointment notices for EAD and AOS they all list the A number I supplied, but added a "0" after the "A" and before the string, so basically the same number.

So, I don't know what to make of this .... it seems you're ok using None and ok using the same A number ...

Yes completely different and this time she says she has a lucky number :lol:

189174[/snapback]

Interesting ... it seems this process is really more random and non-uniform everyday.

When I filled out the SSN application for my wife and some other documents when we first entered the country I always put "None" for the "A number" since I didn't think she had one. But then I read on here or some other board that it was the number from her NOA2, so I used that one when I filled out the forms for AOS. When we got the receipt and appointment notices for EAD and AOS they all list the A number I supplied, but added a "0" after the "A" and before the string, so basically the same number.

So, I don't know what to make of this .... it seems you're ok using None and ok using the same A number ...

189184[/snapback]

Right since the number on the NOA2 did not have the required number of digits I didn't use it. Seems it makes no difference.

When we got the receipt and appointment notices for EAD and AOS they all list the A number I supplied, but added a "0" after the "A" and before the string, so basically the same number.

189184[/snapback]

yes.. "A" numbers are supposed to be 9 digits long.. if you have one with 8 digits, add a leading zero to it... meaning add it after the "A"