"From a former postal supervisor, seems that I hear an Echo with your posting! "?Where at? My father and uncle are both retired Postal employees.

176835[/snapback]

Lars,

Portland Processing and Distribution Center, Portland, OR, Gave it up after 6 years, to return to PreMed at UN at Omaha

176943[/snapback]

That sounds like the better choice. Hope that it was.

177052[/snapback]

Lars,

LOL! Does water roll off a duck's back? The best choice I ever made!

177150[/snapback]

i have used GEM with Guarantee to send my wife some stuff to hong kong which service is provided by usps several times. she got them much faster than the guarantee date.

Realize, however, that FedEX and DHL have their own delivery system within China that may not reach some of the smaller cities. The USPS will hand off to China Post, which does.

There was another thread about problems with FedEX/DHL shipments to smaller cities (I don't remember where).

176746[/snapback]

It is not just the small rural towns and cities. Fed-Ex only covers part of Nanning. You can have your shipping agent call the package company and verify if they ship to a certain district within that city. I found this out when shipping packages to wife when she was in China. UPS (Big Brown) was my best bet.

As Chinese wife mentioned, another consideration is tracking. USPS and some of the carriers can not track packages once they are sent to China. USPS can only track as far as San Fransisco. Once it leaves San Fransisco, they consider it delivered. Check with your carriers to see which ones can track all the way.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)
"From a former postal supervisor, seems that I hear an Echo with your posting! "  Where at? My father and uncle are both retired Postal employees.

176835[/snapback]

Lars,

Portland Processing and Distribution Center, Portland, OR, Gave it up after 6 years, to return to PreMed at UN at Omaha

176943[/snapback]

That sounds like the better choice. Hope that it was.

177052[/snapback]

Lars,

LOL! Does water roll off a duck's back? The best choice I ever made!

177150[/snapback]

Yep, Looking back, I should have stayed at K.U. and finished my Geology degree. Hind sight being 20/20 and all. :D

I sent a small package via USPS Global Priority on December 14 (3PM) and the tracking showed it left San Francisco on Dec 17. The recipient received the package on Dec 24. On the package, I wrote the name and the address in both Chinese and English. The destination was not to a coastal city either, so it must have taken one more plane ride in China. I never had any mailings that took more than 14 days. The average had been 10 to 11 days. I think that's so cool. No problem with USPS, global priority or regular airmail. Writing the address in both Chinese and English seems to eliminate a few potential glitches along the way. Not handwriting, but printed and cut and paste it on the package in the "To" portion.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)