Picking up SO and returning to USA

Guest ShaQuaNew
She may not be carrying any knives but I know she will be bring tons of chinese medicene.....Of course she does not believe in USA doctors and that we can actually heal ourselves...."Chinese Medicene much better and faster"  :rolleyes: yes dear roots and twigs and bark can heal everything ;)

176290[/snapback]

Okay, roots and kingway beer.... :drunk:

I will be leaving on tuesday for china :D  and get to start the fun process of getting my SO's luggage to USA ;) . I can t wait to see her :o  but the luggage part has me a little aprehensive ;)(she has many things)  I guess what I am asking is what are the things we will need to do on our return and any advice on luggage.......

Meidon,

Congrats on reaching this part of the process. Don't worry about the luggage. If she has enough stuff to put you over the limit in items or weight, then you can always ship the rest. My wife had many things also. We packed her things and seemed to have one box of 75lbs too much.

Solution, go to China Post!! We shipped this package for 360 yuan (43.90 usd) and it only took two weeks. We shipped her heaviest items, medical books Etc and things that would not be necessay right away.

Guest pushbrk

Three key issues I see. 

1.  You each have an I-94  She is an immigrant.  You are not.

2.  Both portions of the USC's I-94 are retained by USCIS.

3.  Only the I-94 departure coupon is stapled to the immigrant's passport. The entry portion is retainded by USCIS.

The USC fills out an I-94? Why?

176535[/snapback]

It is an "arrival form". USCIS keeps a record of all international arrivals and their purpose. You will give your name, passport number, address and flight number. When asked for the reason you are entering the USA at this time, you check the box "returning home". You have done this any time you have arrived on an international flight and thought nothing of it. It has much more meaning for an immigrant.

Guest pushbrk

Three key issues I see. 

1.  You each have an I-94  She is an immigrant.  You are not.

2.  Both portions of the USC's I-94 are retained by USCIS.

3.  Only the I-94 departure coupon is stapled to the immigrant's passport. The entry portion is retainded by USCIS.

The USC fills out an I-94? Why?

176535[/snapback]

It is an "arrival form". USCIS keeps a record of all international arrivals and their purpose. You will give your name, passport number, address and flight number. When asked for the reason you are entering the USA at this time, you check the box "returning home". You have done this any time you have arrived on an international flight and thought nothing of it. It has much more meaning for an immigrant.

176536[/snapback]

Replying to myself, I found a copy of the form. The USC fills out a very similar form with the same arrival information but it appears the actual I 94 is for all but USC.