Dealing with Senators

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Just got off the telephone with the staff member assigned to my case at one of my senators offices. This staff member is particularly young and "green" and tries to give the pat answers from her studied cheat sheet, but had a hard time connecting the dots.

I called to thank her for her letter to me regarding my case. I also asked her if she could look into why when I call the USCIS to get my case status that I get the same response for the past three months....

"were sorry, but due to a temporary problem, we are unable to find your case."

She was told that the USCIS is awaiting additional records before adjudicating my case. So, I asked her the obvious question....

What records?

She said she didn't know, but would be following up with them in a couple weeks.....

So, I took a deep breath and said...

do you suppose you could contact them and ask WHAT RECORDS?

She replied, yes, I suppose I could do that.

In my best smilely voice I said thank you, I cannot wait to hear.

Guest ShaQuaNew

During our conversation I asked her if she was aware of the recent communications and actions out of Washington whose purpose it was to reduce delays and denials in the immigration process. She knew of none. I'm compiling a list to send to her now....

Jesse: Have you tried contacting your congressperson? Admittedly, some of them are as useful as a lump of clay, but they are a lot closer to home and they should be better prepared and in a better position to get some response.

Also, did your senator ask you for signed permission to access your records? From my observations and from all the crap I got when trying to get our biometric appointment, if ANYONE (I.E. your senator or congressperson) does not have your SIGNED permission to inquire as to the status of your case on your behalf, they can only give you generalized lip service.

Hello,

Yes, the privacy form is an ABSOLUTE requirement. My CongressCritter has one on his website, along with the snail mail address to send it to. You must have this on file with them before they can make any inquiries on your behalf. I strongly recommend that everybody find out who all the players in this arena are, from Maura Harty to your local rep and get all their contact info on file BEFORE you are upset enough to need it.

-James

Guest ShaQuaNew
Jesse: Have you tried contacting your congressperson? Admittedly, some of them are as useful as a lump of clay, but they are a lot closer to home and they should be better prepared and in a better position to get some response.

Also, did your senator ask you for signed permission to access your records? From my observations and from all the crap I got when trying to get our biometric appointment, if ANYONE (I.E. your senator or congressperson) does not have your SIGNED permission to inquire as to the status of your case on your behalf, they can only give you generalized lip service.

175512[/snapback]

Yes, I did contact my congress person, but unfortunately, and I will whisper this softly so as not to offend anyone......it's.....

Corrine Brown!!!!

For those that live in Florida, this will speak volumes.

Yes, I signed releases with both my US Senators. One must sign a release before they can begin working your case. Despite my post I must say that I'm VERY happy with the results I've had with both my senators, and despite being registered with the other party, have extreme praise for Senator Bill Nelson's staff member that is helping me. She is exceptional.

I believe it's their intervention in my case the established a VERY important timestamp. Had they not intervened in my case I believe the US government would have attempted to delay my case even longer. Now, with their intervention they will be held to their own statements and be required to rule on my petition within 6 weeks of late November.