Gov. employee proof of employment

Sorry guys, I know how much most of you guys, 99.99.99.99% , detest us government workers. I have a question though. Do any other government workers going through this delightfull process, know if our "Leave and Earnings Statements" are enough proof for the I864?

I finally tried to call NVC today, they were closed :Dah: Go figure, I wasn't aware that today was a holiday. Maybe they got an extra day off for all the hard work that they do at such lightning fast speeds :Dah:

I work for the Department of Veterans Affairs. I got a letter from Human Resources that stated my start date to present and I forget if it had yearly salary or not. I think our LES states only how much made back to the beginning of this calendar year? No hint of how many years at your present job.

I called NVC & DOS today and all are off.........did I forget a holiday?

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
Sorry guys, I know how much most of you  guys, 99.99.99.99% , detest us government workers.  I have a question though.  Do any other government workers going through this delightfull process, know if our "Leave and Earnings Statements" are enough proof for the I864?

I finally tried to call NVC today, they were closed :Dah: Go figure, I wasn't aware that today was a holiday.  Maybe they got an extra day off for all the hard work that they do at such lightning fast speeds :Dah:

174677[/snapback]

Everyone files tax, or should. Having a problem getting a copy?

I work for the Department of Veterans Affairs.  I got a letter from Human Resources that stated my start date to present and I forget if it had yearly salary or not.  I think our LES states only how much made back to the beginning of this calendar year?  No hint of how many years at your present job.

Larry

174678[/snapback]

Remember your service computation date is on it. :Dah:

I work for the Department of Veterans Affairs.  I got a letter from Human Resources that stated my start date to present and I forget if it had yearly salary or not.  I think our LES states only how much made back to the beginning of this calendar year?  No hint of how many years at your present job.

Larry

174678[/snapback]

174685[/snapback]

That is the date of the total government service, not the time at your present job. I had 6 years NAVY then non government then went to the VA. I know what you are saying but it doesn't mean you have had your present job that long (maybe they will be fooled however). LES makes it look like I have worked all those years straight for the government. I would rather submit my LES.

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
I work for the Department of Veterans Affairs.?I got a letter from Human Resources that stated my start date to present and I forget if it had yearly salary or not.?I think our LES states only how much made back to the beginning of this calendar year??No hint of how many years at your present job.

Larry

174678[/snapback]

174685[/snapback]

That is the date of the total government service, not the time at your present job. I had 6 years NAVY then non government then went to the VA. I know what you are saying but it doesn't mean you have had your present job that long (maybe they will be fooled however). LES makes it look like I have worked all those years straight for the government. I would rather submit my LES.

Larry

174686[/snapback]

Please, please, please, don't make me go to "Inhumane Resourses" as ours is affectionately reffered to.

Try to retire, they tell you,,Go do it yourself on the internet :Dah:

Sorry guys, I know how much most of you  guys, 99.99.99.99% , detest us government workers.  I have a question though.  Do any other government workers going through this delightfull process, know if our "Leave and Earnings Statements" are enough proof for the I864?

I finally tried to call NVC today, they were closed :) Go figure, I wasn't aware that today was a holiday.  Maybe they got an extra day off for all the hard work that they do at such lightning fast speeds :o

174677[/snapback]

Might also want to see the following link on Affidavits of Support

http://uscis.gov/lpbin/lpext.dll/inserts/f...ument-frame.htm

All that is required for K-1 is tax transcripts for the last year, a notarized I-134 and letter from your employer on company letter head stating the length of employment and if the job is temporary or permanent. I suscribe to the kitchen sink approach in evidence of relationship but finanicial are cut and dried. You either qualifiy or you don't. No need to take too much stuff.

Hello,,, Hello,,, Hello Fellow Government Worker.

For this I sent 3 months of LES (pay statements) and Tax forms and a letter from personnel and copies of my Ferrs account. I also sent the last notice of personnel action I got for pay raise and step-increase to GS-8-10.

My wife is here now and has her Green Card and Right to work SSN and our daughter has her SSN card. My wife has been here 9 months, After a 15 month wait. We still live in Beautiful Phoenix Az and my family is happy. I don't have the time to post as much as I would like, But I do come by and read.

For you Old Timers, Yes, Alex is still working hard at getting his S.O. here. I talkto him every other night. He is a Stronger Man Than Most.

He's putting up a Good Fight. Pray For Him.

Our AOS interview was cancelled, I got a letter stating that it was not needed at this time. Hummmmm, I don't understand that one!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :greenblob:

I have been Really Blessed With My Family and I could Not Be Happier!

Thank You All Here At My Second Home (CFL) For 15 Very Long Months!

Rick

Good to hear from you Rick. don't be such a stranger. Thanks for the update on Alex. I have been wondering what is going on with his case. That poor man has been screwed over worse than any other visa case I have ever heard of. Shameful abuse of power by the consulate in my opinion.