Has anyone ever received a notice like this?

Today I received an e-mail notice from USCIS...is this an RFE? It seems strange to me, bc I have never asked them for info before. I called once to change a zip code that had been entered incorrectly, but that was it. Incidently, December 3rd is the day after my wife went to the Shanghai consulate to try to get a visitor visa to go to the US with me for Christmas (which was denied). Also, December 3rd was a Saturday. Do they work then? How could I have requested information then?

A little bit worried, just wondering if anyone has gotten a notice like this before, or can make sense of it...HELP!...here is the e-mail:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

On December 3, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Guest ShaQuaNew

Either you, or your designated representative contacted the USCIS for an update on your case. When that happened, either you, or that person provided them with either an email or physical address in which they would send that response. If they were given a physical address, then you should expect to receive their letter at that address. The letter will contain the status. This is only an indication of that....

Guest ShaQuaNew

To date, I've received three of these notices with precisely the same language. Again, it means that they've either snail-mailed or emailed the requester with the information. As the letter states, if you DO NOT receive it within thirty days of the date of the letter, the you should contact them (as if that will help...LOL). At any rate, you should be receiving something, most likely in your mailbox in a few days.

That letter will likely also contain information suggesting that you should not contact them too often....go figure.... :D