help needed for i-129f

you guys are so warm-hearted! my wife and i want to thank you all for all the help i got.i realli appreciate it. thank god i found this forum luckily.

before i file k-3 there is still few questions on my mind. if i file k-3 right away until it gets approved ...is it that i dun have anything to deal with in u.s.? i pretty much will do all the work like p3 p4 in hk right?!if i-130 approves while i am in hk can i put it on ice in the meantime and get rolling when my wife gets k-3 visa?

174378[/snapback]

if I understand your questions:

1) Once you file the I-129F/K3, you get a notice stating it was received (an I-797, which we call NOA1)... Then it is either approved or you get an RFE, which the latter requires some correction. Once it gets approved, you get a I-797 (which we call NOA2) and it is automatically transferred to NVC where a name check occurs (and assuming that goes as expected), it will continue on its way to HK. Once in HK, your wife 'should' get the P3; upon returning this, she gets the P4 and interview date.

2) Once the I-130 is approved, you get a NOA2 sent to you... then it transfers to NVC. At this point, there is a 'agent' which is assigned as the person who receives all the paperwork. Maybe the best thing to do is to make your wife the agent so all items go to HK. You can choice to ignore all the NVC paperwork (put it on ice) and just wait on the K3.

It takes roughly two months through NVC and passing papers back and forth, but maybe more if exchanging with HK address. you will pay various fees as well to continue the CR1 process... so, consider if you want to start paying this path or not, you won't get any money back.

you guys are so warm-hearted! my wife and i want to thank you all for all the help i got.i realli appreciate it. thank god i found this forum luckily.

before i file k-3 there is still few questions on my mind. if i file k-3 right away until it gets approved ...is it that i dun have anything to deal with in u.s.? i pretty much will do all the work like p3 p4 in hk right?!if i-130 approves while i am in hk can i put it on ice in the meantime and get rolling when my wife gets k-3 visa?

174378[/snapback]

1) Once you file the I-129F/K3, you get a notice stating it was received (an I-797, which we call NOA1)... Then it is either approved or you get an RFE, which the latter requires some correction. Once it gets approved, you get a I-797 (which we call NOA2) and it is automatically transferred to NVC where a name check occurs (and assuming that goes as expected), it will continue on its way to HK. Once in HK, your wife 'should' get the P3; upon returning this, she gets the P4 and interview date.

2) Once the I-130 is approved, you get a NOA2 sent to you... then it transfers to NVC. At this point, there is a 'agent' which is assigned as the person who receives all the paperwork. Maybe the best thing to do is to make your wife the agent so all items go to HK. You can choice to ignore all the NVC paperwork (put it on ice) and just wait on the K3.

It takes roughly two months through NVC and passing papers back and forth, but maybe more if exchanging with HK address. you will pay various fees as well to continue the CR1 process... so, consider if you want to start paying this path or not, you won't get any money back.

174446[/snapback]

thank you all for helping. i am filling out 1-129f right now on question 18

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3681/rw12kj.jpg

should i write down how my wife and i met or juz blank out?

other than the form and money order what info. should i attach ?

once again, thanks!!

Guest pushbrk

174378[/snapback]

174446[/snapback]

thank you all for helping. i am filling out 1-129f right now on question 18

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3681/rw12kj.jpg

should i write down how my wife and i met or juz blank out?

other than the form and money order what info. should i attach ?

once again, thanks!!

174802[/snapback]

The instructions indicate that you fill out each blank even if with "none" or "N/A" In this case, I would refer to your "wife" and indicate how you met. When married, the instructions indicate all references to "fiance'" may be interpreted as "spouse".

Since this a HK marriage, with a filing in the US... there are two posts possibly involved...  So one (CR1 in GUZ) does not necessarily cancel out the other (K3 in HK).

Can you please explain how you came to get married in HK ?  And where does your wife live, in mainland china or HK ?

I assume that she does not live in HK nor do you work in HK, because I believe you could of filed directly in HK (which would be the fastest possible way).

174254[/snapback]

surely. actually my wife was born and has lived in hk that's why we got married over there. the receipt day on noa1 i got is june 15th 05.

i called uscis hotline on monday ... the guy told me that my petition's still pending ... on his computer the most up-to-date processing date was may 19th 05 .... everything looked okay juz be more patient. whenever it's approved i will get noa2 from them then i need to contact national visa center in order to get a case # ... something like that. it looks like there is lotsa paper work needs to be done. i 've planned to go to hk in jan but i am afraid it will cause my case to be delayed. it's such a dilemma for me.

174291[/snapback]

chrisasta,

One small piece of input in this area that my wife and I discovered. We were doing K3 Visa via Guangzhou. Obviusly our caes are different. However, there is one similarity. With the computer update sytsem, it follows the rule "Garbage in! Garbage Out!" What I mean to say is this. Many times your paperwork is processed and the final results of the processing at that stage is given to computer operators to input in to the on-line system. By the time they input the information, you're paperwork is long past this stage.

I would suggest talking to a live person. Time lines for visas are now becoming very tentaive. The data simply cannot be input fast enough before your application is already at another stage.

As an example, I have the fastest time line on this board. 5 Months, 6 days for a processing and receiving a K3 Visa. Just out of my own curoisity, I called the "check on line" case status number. My paperwork is still at NVC according to on-line checking. My wife already has her visa already, about 2 days ago.

IMHO, if you go to the USCIS website, I would be very skeptical of what you hear!

My wife was calling to the call center and was talking with them, and they were very helpful! As long as you were polite! I suggest that your SO might take the same steps, and begin networking. I should also mention, that if you are an AH they will remember you! We couldn't remember one person from another. However, believe me they can! My wife called three or four times. After the 2d time, they remembered her name. Just food for thought!

Frank 1538's advice is dead on! My 130 reached NVC in about Nov. By this time, the 129F had reached GUZ. I never worried about it since it is cancelled, by not even acknowledging it. It would have taken 2 to 3 months to reach GUZ. I wanted to be with y wife. IMHO, submitting AOS paperwork, coupled with the cost was a small price to pay for our happiness!

Good luck sir!

Since this a HK marriage, with a filing in the US... there are two posts possibly involved...?So one (CR1 in GUZ) does not necessarily cancel out the other (K3 in HK).

Can you please explain how you came to get married in HK ??And where does your wife live, in mainland china or HK ?

I assume that she does not live in HK nor do you work in HK, because I believe you could of filed directly in HK (which would be the fastest possible way).

174254[/snapback]

surely. actually my wife was born and has lived in hk that's why we got married over there. the receipt day on noa1 i got is june 15th 05.

i called uscis hotline on monday ... the guy told me that my petition's still pending ... on his computer the most up-to-date processing date was may 19th 05 .... everything looked okay juz be more patient. whenever it's approved i will get noa2 from them then i need to contact national visa center in order to get a case # ... something like that. it looks like there is lotsa paper work needs to be done. i 've planned to go to hk in jan but i am afraid it will cause my case to be delayed. it's such a dilemma for me.

174291[/snapback]

chrisasta,

One small piece of input in this area that my wife and I discovered. We were doing K3 Visa via Guangzhou. Obviusly our caes are different. However, there is one similarity. With the computer update sytsem, it follows the rule "Garbage in! Garbage Out!" What I mean to say is this. Many times your paperwork is processed and the final results of the processing at that stage is given to computer operators to input in to the on-line system. By the time they input the information, you're paperwork is long past this stage.

I would suggest talking to a live person. Time lines for visas are now becoming very tentaive. The data simply cannot be input fast enough before your application is already at another stage.

As an example, I have the fastest time line on this board. 5 Months, 6 days for a processing and receiving a K3 Visa. Just out of my own curoisity, I called the "check on line" case status number. My paperwork is still at NVC according to on-line checking. My wife already has her visa already, about 2 days ago.

IMHO, if you go to the USCIS website, I would be very skeptical of what you hear!

My wife was calling to the call center and was talking with them, and they were very helpful! As long as you were polite! I suggest that your SO might take the same steps, and begin networking. I should also mention, that if you are an AH they will remember you! We couldn't remember one person from another. However, believe me they can! My wife called three or four times. After the 2d time, they remembered her name. Just food for thought!

Frank 1538's advice is dead on! My 130 reached NVC in about Nov. By this time, the 129F had reached GUZ. I never worried about it since it is cancelled, by not even acknowledging it. It would have taken 2 to 3 months to reach GUZ. I wanted to be with y wife. IMHO, submitting AOS paperwork, coupled with the cost was a small price to pay for our happiness!

Good luck sir!

174812[/snapback]

if that what you meant that i should talk to one of the representitives over the phone to find out the case after have form and stuff submitted? i am not quite following the networking way. can you be more specific please?

Since this a HK marriage, with a filing in the US... there are two posts possibly involved...?So one (CR1 in GUZ) does not necessarily cancel out the other (K3 in HK).

Can you please explain how you came to get married in HK ??And where does your wife live, in mainland china or HK ?

174254[/snapback]

174291[/snapback]

chrisasta,

Good luck sir!

174812[/snapback]

if that what you meant that i should talk to one of the representitives over the phone to find out the case after have form and stuff submitted? i am not quite following the networking way. can you be more specific please?

174865[/snapback]

Yes, That is exactly what I was speaking of. Talk with the call centers. This generally works better in China than the US.

My wife was doing the networking on her end. She was able to get them to help her quite a bit.

I placed a few thoughts in this posting that also might help with processsing your paperwork http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...pic=14006&st=30, Post #36

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

5 months for your 129F...

Awesome Cerberus.

I can only hope for something anything near that. We've hunkered down expecting a year and change. I told her today that CFL has been seeing alot of quick times, so if our paperwork goes that fast I may hold off on coming in March and come at interview time so we can return together (assuming we pass, or be there for any overcomes needed)