How difficult is it for Chinese women...

Next to impossible. 

If there is a K1, K3, CR1 visa application on her, then forget it, No Way.

Sorry to be the one to tell you.

174053[/snapback]

Even if you dont have the visa application, it is still next to impossible. That is why almost everyone applies for the k1, k3, etc

If she has a good, steady job that she's maintained for a few years, owns her own home, and is doing ok financially her chances increase some, but "strong ties" to China really means they want proof that she'll be coming back. If you can't show that, she probably won't get the visa. And what was good evidence for one person may not work for another.

If she is working for an American company, the AmCham's visa referral program might help her out (she'd get a referral from her boss) - not sure if this is still around, but my guess is that it is. Anyway, that might help some, but it's not a sure thing either.

And yes, if you've filed K1 or some other intending immigrant visa it's basically impossible (but still might be possible if there was something she needed to do in the US AND she had significant ties .. this is just theoretically speaking - the general idea though is not too likely.)

I had applied a tourist visa before we started K1.I had a bank statement to show I had good money,I had a receipt that showed I just booked a car,I had a contract to show them I'm have to come back to work...I got everything to show them that I'll have to come back to china,But I still got denied.. :cheering:

I had applied a tourist visa before we started K1.I had a bank statement to show I had good money,I had a receipt that showed I just booked a car,I had a contract to show them I'm have to come back to work...I got everything to show them that  I'll have to come back to china,But I still got denied.. :blink:

174122[/snapback]

If you oqwned a house in china and had children there and parents and and and--then it's doable-but a young single woman with no family ties other than maybe her parents--Won't happen!

What I've is that the parents of a Chinese person living in the US stand around a 50-50 chance of getting approved, if they show the strong ties to China. All others are much closer to a 0 chance. They will (gladly) take your money for the privilege of hearing them say, "No".

And yet, my wife, when she was my girlfriend, got 4 B2 visas. It does happen, but they really want proof that she (or he'll) come back - and the basics generally aren't good enough for this proof - just a good bank account and a job won't cut it. If she can get sponsored by a US company through the AmCham referral program she stands a better chance, but make sure everything is legit; I've seen people get rejected going through that too.

Some basic info:

My wife (when she was my girl friend, not even fiancee) got her first B2 visa issued in November 2000 for travel in 2000-2001 (6 months open). We were really surprised, but went home for Christmas. I was working there (in Shanghai) at the time. This came up during the interview, but no proof was asked for.

About a year and a half later we applied again. This was a bit of a hassle, but ultimately it was issued. I guess since our relationship had become more serious, they wanted more proof about ME (the USC). They asked for copies of my work PRC (Z) visa and work contract. They issued it after my boss sent them a letter, but I've seen people get rejected at this point too. She travelled like 2-3 times on that visa.

The next two were a piece of cake. She used the CITIC dropbox system, but that was BEFORE they started doing fingerprints, during which time they now do a short "interview" - and I know of at least one person that was rejected during that non-interview.

We had a very good situation going in, and we were very lucky.

I have one friend that has been trying to get his wife to the US for a while on a visit, and has been rejected multiple times. He's working .. shall we say .. not exactly legally? in China, so he has no proof that he'll return, which is what they want to see.

I have another friend who got his wife a visitor visa, but it was stamped with his name and their limited to the time they applied for (basically the short visit he said was the reason for the visa). She got it, but he had to supply his work contract and visa.

I know of a couple single women who got US visas other than that, but they both had a recommendation through AmCham. I think we were lucky and had a very convincing case, given my work there, but it generally a single woman coming to the US from China will be denied a visitor visa.

Edited by NY-Viking (see edit history)

I would be very desirable for K3/CR1 to be allowed to come to the USA to meet the family of their spouse, observe where they will be living, the quality of life they can expect to have. Certainly the K3/CR1 would be willing to return to China to complete the processing (or maybe to cancel it!) to insure a legal status within the USA.

I would be very desirable for K3/CR1 to be allowed to come to the USA to meet the family of their spouse, observe where they will be living, the quality of life they can expect to have.  Certainly the K3/CR1 would be willing to return to China to complete the processing (or maybe to cancel it!) to insure a legal status within the USA.

174151[/snapback]

Of course it would, but it would also be very desirable in some people's minds to circumvent the entire process and come on a visitor visa, then get married here and apply for adjustment of status. Provided the couple didn't "intend" to do that in the first place, it's perfectly legal to get married while just "visiting" and then apply for AOS without returning to China.

The incentive for some people to go about it this way is pretty high if they don't have "significant ties" to China ...

In other words, the couple could "insure a legal status in the USA" by turning the visit into a marriage and then applying for the greencard.