Question about afidavit of support

Ok, what im reading is, the last few pay stubs, and the employer letter. Should i send copies of my W-2 for a few years back? should I bother sending copies of prepared tax forms from previous years, do they require that much detail? any advice would be appreciated thank you.

For the I-134 you should send in a copy of your tax return (2 page 1040) for the last three years. Some say only 1 year, but GUZ may ask for 3. If your income is below the 125% of the poverty level, then you will need to show additional assets or have a co-sponsor. You can also send a letter from your current employer showing current wages. Others have sent additional information such as copy of bank statement etc.

If your income is from wages from an employer and not from self-employment then usually the letter and your tax returns are enough. I went the overkill route and sent extra stuff. You will be asked to fill out an I-184 with more documentation during AOS.

Hope this helps some.

Edited by Boy Scout (see edit history)
Ok, what im reading is, the last few pay stubs, and the employer letter. Should i send copies of my W-2 for a few years back? should I bother sending copies of prepared tax forms from previous years, do they require that much detail? any advice would be appreciated thank you.

173001[/snapback]

Section II of the instructions details what you need to provide. Basically, letter from employer, copy of most recent Federal tax form (I sent the complete 1040 with all schedules), Letter from Bank, any investments you may have (I sent my most recent stock account statement). I don't think you need to send pay stubs.

Good luck.

173001[/snapback]

Section II of the instructions details what you need to provide. Basically, letter from employer, copy of most recent Federal tax form (I sent the complete 1040 with all schedules), Letter from Bank, any investments you may have (I sent my most recent stock account statement). I don't think you need to send pay stubs.

Good luck.

173010[/snapback]

OMG ... send all schedules?? That's 30-40 pages per year!

The 2 page 1040 isn't enough??

I assume it's the I-134 we're talking about.

Tax return(s) is only needed if you're self-employed and then it is only the latest year needed. It's in the instructions.

Popular consensus has always been to attach the last 3 years of tax returns and an employee verification letter to the I-134. This must've came from the stringent I-864 requirements because it's not an I-134 requirement.

Like many, I heeded to popular consesus and attached the last 3 years tax returns (IRS 1040) and a letter of employment, (notarized but not necessary.)

I had the I-134 notarized. It was never called for at the interview.