At Wit's End...........

Just got off the phone with my source at DOS-CA. He called me back within 45 minutes of my having left a message. It turns out that our clearance was, in fact, sent to GZ on 2-13. As for the mysterious re-submit on 2-19, it simply appears to be a function of someone at GZ trying to do something in response to inquiries I have been making about the status of our case, and of e-mail messages passing in the night. So...................................

The Good News: Our case is now at GZ :D :D :D :D

and

The Bad News: Our case is now at GZ :( :( :( :(

Guest Snowbeast
Just got off the phone with my source at DOS-CA.  He called me back within 45 minutes of my having left a message.  It turns out that our clearance was, in fact, sent to GZ on 2-13.  As for the mysterious re-submit on 2-19, it simply appears to be a function of someone at GZ trying to do something in response to inquiries I have been making about the status of our case, and of e-mail messages passing in the night. So...................................

The Good News:  Our case is now at GZ  :D  :D  :D  :D

and

The Bad News:    Our case is now at GZ  :rolleyes:  :(  :(  :(

Good luck! I wish you the best. Now you don't have anyone to call. Your e-mails will most likely go unanswered. All we can do is wait.

But this is at least something positive!

On 2/7/03 from congressman's office

Mr. H:

I finally have some substantial news for you. I received news that your fiancée has finally received clearance by the inter-departmental name/ security checking system. Her case still needs to be briefly checked by a State Department officer before it is sent to Guangzhou for the visa printing, but it is likely that your fiancée will be contacted by the Consulate and receive her visa within a few weeks.

This is good news, but the officer has asked me to tell you not to

contact the State Department public information line to verify this information.

This information has just been cleared and has not been entered into all of the main databases yet, so it will not register with the public line atabases. If you have any questions about what is going on, please feel free to call or email me and I would be happy to contact the Consulate on your behalf.

Congratulations on the good news.

Sincerely, xxxxxxxxx

2/11/03 I ask:

Could you now please contact the consulate in Guangzhou in my behalf

and ask for status of our case. Case: GUZ<snip> xxxx, xxxx

Thank you again for your professional help in our case.

On 2/12/03

Mr. H:

I would be happy to contact the Consulate, but as I told you on Friday, the clearance had just gone through the intergovernmental check and now has to go through the State Department. At this time, the Consulate does not have your fiancée's case. This process like I said before will take a few weeks, not just a few days.

I know you are frustrated and want to bring your fiancée over, but I ask

that you remain patient and allow me to check with the State Department to make sure the case has been cleared. Otherwise, asking the Consulate to check on the case is just creating more work for them in essence slowing down the processing at this point. Additionally, a note has already been made on this case pointing out that the Congressman has been inquiring about the status. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you.

On 2/18/03 late evening I ask for another status and complained about not being treated fairly.

On 2/20/03

Mr. H:

I checked on the status of your fiancée's case and they are still saying

that it will take a few weeks to process. It is against Federal Regulations for the Congressman to try to expedite the processing of visas. I am happy to continue checking with the State Department until the visa clears and then follow up with the Consulate in Guangzhou.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to email me or call me.

So you see it is an endless round robin.

Interview August 13 george&ling

--------------------------------------------------------

I removed the case number and name.

Tony

Just got off the phone with my source at DOS-CA.  He called me back within 45 minutes of my having left a message.  It turns out that our clearance was, in fact, sent to GZ on 2-13.  As for the mysterious re-submit on 2-19, it simply appears to be a function of someone at GZ trying to do something in response to inquiries I have been making about the status of our case, and of e-mail messages passing in the night. So...................................

The Good News:  Our case is now at GZ  :D  :D  :D  :D

and

The Bad News:    Our case is now at GZ  :(  :(  :(  :(

Well, I guess its like you say Tex. Good news is that its in GZ, bad news is that its in GZ. :D :(

I am glad that mess from yesterday is a least a little more clarified for you. I sincerely hope this means that if, when you come in March, you will get to take her back to Texas with you. Please keep me posted. :D