Mailing nice gifts to China...

Well lesson learned.  I sent her the photos of the necklace and the banknotes.  She liked the banknotes and thought the necklace was kind of ugly,and raved on how many necklaces she already had.  I love her candor, but damn. My kids are the same way.  I think I will just stick to flowers and cash :shutup:

When she tells me no liwu.  I need to listen.  Saves on disappointment and money! :D

174195[/snapback]

May not be a good idea to send her jewelry as she can

get the same thing in China for much less.

Just go shopping on your next visit.

Well lesson learned.  I sent her the photos of the necklace and the banknotes.  She liked the banknotes and thought the necklace was kind of ugly,and raved on how many necklaces she already had.  I love her candor, but damn. My kids are the same way.  I think I will just stick to flowers and cash :P

When she tells me no liwu.  I need to listen.  Saves on disappointment and money! :bangin:

174195[/snapback]

May not be a good idea to send her jewelry as she can

get the same thing in China for much less.

Just go shopping on your next visit.

174341[/snapback]

Exactly. And that way she gets what she wants. My kids are girls and in their pre-teen years. I think I should just expect this is how life is going to be times 3 for the rest of my days :P

I took the daughters shopping for Christmas this weekend and they are happy, even though there won't be any real surprises under the tree.

Men buying feminine gifts (jewelry/clothes/etc) for women = recipe for disaster. :P :rolleyes: :blink: :bangin: :Dah: :vava: :mf_sleep:

I've sent packages via usps a few times with no problems, last time was when I sent her wedding band back after getting it resized along with a few other things. I insured it for $600.00, paid 19.75 for postage and 7.60 for insurance. She always received my packages in 8 to 10 days.