IR-2 DENIED 11:30 AM 11/21/05

Un Frikkin Believable!!

Glad you stood up and fought to get this one overturned the same day!

Truly an accomplishment.

I think Bob's post should be sent to the USGONGEN so they can better impliment a procedure for who gets to go upstairs and who doesn't. They are obviously lacking in this department!!!!!

Gee, maybe they should hire some NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS AT THE AMERICAN CONSULATE so we at least have a chance of explaining their own procedures to them so that more people don't get "worked over" by their "system" in the future!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absolutely fantastic.... congratulations on going that extra mile for your family.... and the right to a fair review!!!

Guest ShaQuaNew
Someone else mentioned this but I thought I would bring it up again.  Why are there Chinese guards instead of US Marines like other embasys?

172557[/snapback]

Not certain of this Carl, but I believe that it's because there is a difference between a "Consulate" and an "Embassy." I think Embassies for the US are used to house the US Ambassador and staff whereas a Consulate is used for other dimplomatic purposes.

What is the difference between a consulate and an embassy?

Both are parts of the US Department of State, and both are located exclusively in other countries. Embassies deal with foreign governments, while consulates provide services to individuals and businesses. That means that you will almost never deal with an embassy, only with a consulate. Embassies are almost always located near the foreign seat of government, while consulates are typically located in population centers. For instance, in Germany, the embassy is located in Berlin, while the main consulate is in Frankfurt (there also is a consulate in Berlin, as well as several other cities).

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Thanks for the narrative which makes me aware of what to watch out for when I go to my stepson's interview. Such a great blow-by-blow account made me sweat. So the Black Pearl is a supervisor and she is quite rational after all. Of course the case was so clear cut in the first place, and I cannot figure out why that VO is so aloof and the guard was such a donkey, and both VO and guard were so irresponsible.