Ok I have the GUZ fax number for updating my SO address. I also know that I must call DOS and wait for case to be entered into computer. Does anyone have the GUZ email so I can check when they get my case? I don't think it will do any good to fax my SO's address if the GUZ hasn't received the case yet.

Is the DOS computer linked up to the GUZ system? Seems odd to be calling a USA phone number to see if a case has been entered into the GUZ :ph34r:

Ok I have the GUZ fax number for updating my SO address.  I also know that I must call DOS and wait for case to be entered into computer.  Does anyone have the GUZ email so I can check when they get my case?  I don't think it will do any good to fax my SO's address if the GUZ hasn't received the case yet. 

Is the DOS computer linked up to the GUZ system?  Seems odd to be calling a USA phone number to see if a case has been entered into the GUZ  :unsure:

172086[/snapback]

You're doing the right thing. The GUZ says their email is only for interview-related questions now.

Go to the GUZ website (to check up), click on "Immigrant Visas", and "ContactUs".

K-1's are non-immigrant correct?  Sorry I feel like a complet idiot tonight. :unsure:

172093[/snapback]

Well, you're in the right place!

Oh, I see! The "Immigrant Visa" link simply gets you to the "Contact Us" link.

They say to wait until after your inrterview is scheduled, but will sometimes respond. I think that DOS (NVC) will actually assign your GUZ case number.

Ok I have the GUZ fax number for updating my SO address.  I also know that I must call DOS and wait for case to be entered into computer.  Does anyone have the GUZ email so I can check when they get my case?  I don't think it will do any good to fax my SO's address if the GUZ hasn't received the case yet. 

Is the DOS computer linked up to the GUZ system?  Seems odd to be calling a USA phone number to see if a case has been entered into the GUZ  :unsure:

172086[/snapback]

Todd, let me tell you what I have learned about address changes. First, I had a typo on my SO's first address when I sent the I129F. I called USCIS, and they told me what to do to correct it. I did that. (changed RM410 to RM401)

Then, when my case was sent to GZ, I faxed her address change to GZ before they got our case. I followed up with an email and they said they got it.

Just to be sure, I sent it a second time.

When DOS said our P3 was mailed, I emailed GZ again to verify that they got the change, and they specifically told me again the day they got it, and that they fixed it in the computer, and P3 was sent to the new address. DOS corroborated this address change date.

Well, guess what? Not only did they send the P3 to the old address, but to the old address with the TYPO.

Fortunately, that address was her parents house, and EMS figured out the typo and got it delivered.:huh:

I am not telling you to discourage you, but rather make you aware of this in the event P3 is a little late getting to your SO..............Kenny

I am sort of in a similar situation on the address change dilemma. My 6-month lease is ending on my Shanghai apartment, and my landlord has already sold the place so I have to move out in a month to a new apartment.

I have the current Shanghai apartment address listed as my SO's address on all of the forms. What do you guys think I should do....request that the p3 be sent to my folk's address in the states, call GUZ when I know my new address, rent out the mailbox of the old apartment from the new tennant??

Help! Thanks! :unsure:

I am sort of in a similar situation on the address change dilemma. My 6-month lease is ending on my Shanghai apartment, and my landlord has already sold the place so I have to move out in a month to a new apartment.

I have the current Shanghai apartment address listed as my SO's address on all of the forms. What do you guys think I should do....request that the p3 be sent to my folk's address in the states, call GUZ when I know my new address, rent out the mailbox of the old apartment from the new tennant??

Help! Thanks!  :unsure:

172110[/snapback]

I know what to advise for the proper procedure, because this needs to be done anyway, and I know even GZ confirmed it with us, but still went to the wrong place. Perhaps do all of your suggestions?

I agree with the all of the above option. Between the P1 and the P2, I moved and sent USCIS my address change and called them twice and they confirmed the address change twice and then they sent the P2 to the old address. Luckily for me I went back to my old house and the new tenants held my P2 letter for me!!!

Give GUZ the address change but also meet the new tenants and offer them something in return for any of your mail that is delivered to them!

good luck!

At the beginning of our visa process Ying had put her home address on the I-130 instead of her mailing address. I later added a continuation sheet on the back with her mailing address in both English and Chinese characters. She got all her mailings with no trouble at all. Maybe I was lucky enough to get a workerbee there who had their stuff together.

My lawyer screwed up my wife's G325 to CSC, He used .pdf to fill out the doc. The font was too big to fit the whole address in the block. I told him about it and he corrected it, well he corrected only page 1 and not 2, 3 or 4. My wife never recieved a single document, except for the ones I forwarded to her to have her sign and mail back. I wrote NVC and it was easily corrected.

Then she moved back to her parents address after her app went to guz. The app took 2 whole months to get from NH to GZ. Plenty of time to fax GZ the new address and follow up e-mail.

E-mail GZ