oh oh .....am i in trouble?

Yes, I thought the same thing that USCIS centers would be open at least to the end of business Wednesday.  Closed Thursday and Friday.  I checked with USPS prior to mailing and was told it would be received at the PO Box. 

Randy, I think I am still not quite sure what STAMP is all about.  Can you give me a little more on this process.  Thanks.... :D

171092[/snapback]

You should contact the USPS tomorrow and change from return receipt to delivery confirmation if possible, since, as was pointed out by Paul, this is a PO Box and they will never find anyone to sign for the delivery to a PO Box and will return it to you after so many unsuccessful attempts.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP!! Someone!

No - but it would be better than waiting for them to return this one

171084[/snapback]

Wow.......I also sent them a cashier check for the filing fee!!!

171088[/snapback]

Just chill for now, man. One thing is certain, there are others b/f you who have probably done this same thing - so don't beat yourself up right now ... at least wait until you know your stuff is off in outter space, ok? You did mail to the correct mailing address, so you're covered there. Worse case senario, you will get your package back with the cashiers check - and the good news is - you can resend it. All you have lost is a few days. We've all lost a few days in this process and there will be more who do the same thing so don't sweat a few days ... you guys are going to have the rest of your lives together. If it were me, I would not send another package. BTW, did you make an exact copy of everything you send USCIS in case you had to resend?

Yes, I thought the same thing that USCIS centers would be open at least to the end of business Wednesday.  Closed Thursday and Friday.  I checked with USPS prior to mailing and was told it would be received at the PO Box. 

Randy, I think I am still not quite sure what STAMP is all about.  Can you give me a little more on this process.  Thanks.... :D

171092[/snapback]

Sorry, didn't mean to distract you there - at Guangzhou, someone just "signs" with a rubber stamp - just someone at the delivery dock or something like that.

Kinda' doubt they do that at the USCIS, though.

171093[/snapback]

Oh...I understand :D I really appreciate all this quick response. I sincerely hope that all will be ok.

HELP!! Someone!

171084[/snapback]

171088[/snapback]

Just chill for now, man. One thing is certain, there are others b/f you who have probably done this same thing - so don't beat yourself up right now ... at least wait until you know your stuff is off in outter space, ok? You did mail to the correct mailing address, so you're covered there. Worse case senario, you will get your package back with the cashiers check - and the good news is - you can resend it. All you have lost is a few days. We've all lost a few days in this process and there will be more who do the same thing so don't sweat a few days ... you guys are going to have the rest of your lives together. If it were me, I would not send another package. BTW, did you make an exact copy of everything you send USCIS in case you had to resend?

171096[/snapback]

Actually I made three copies of everything. Kinda anal huh? But, just so no one makes this mistake in the future, how should I of mailed the package. I did request delivery confirmation via the USPS web site or is that something different too?

HELP!! Someone!

171084[/snapback]

171088[/snapback]

171096[/snapback]

Actually I made three copies of everything. Kinda anal huh? But, just so no one makes this mistake in the future, how should I of mailed the package. I did request delivery confirmation via the USPS web site or is that something different too?

171099[/snapback]

Since it's a PO BOX, and there is no one generally speaking to sign for incoming mail to a PO BOX, the only thing we can do is ask for "Delivery Confirmation." That's where the mail deliverer confirms that your mail was indeed delivered without anyone having to actually sign that they received. It might actually get delivered while someone from USCIS is there getting the mail from thier box, a chance you will now have to take. But if that fails for 5 days in a row, you will get your package back. Don't sweat the small stuff ... BTW, you wanna buy a bridge in Louisiana?

Yesterday I mailed my I-129F and all the pertinent doc's to go along with the app.  I sent the package via the USPS next day delivery with return receipt of delivery.  I mailed the package to the following address:

USCIS Texas Service Center

PO Box 850965

Mesquite, TX  75185-0965

Tonight I received this following message on my email

Label/Receipt Number: xxxxxxxx

"Another attempt to deliver your item was made at 11:21 am on November 22, 2005 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left. Your mailpiece will be held for five business days from this attempt date and then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

My questions are is this normal and will somebody from USCIS Texas Service Center get the package?  Your help and advice, as always, is certainly appreciated :D

171075[/snapback]

That's the correct address if you live in Florida. But you know there is no one to sign for things at a PO Box, don't you? Delivery confirmation was probably the only way to know your item was delivered.

171091[/snapback]

So they will get it ...right?

171094[/snapback]

I personally believe they will get it, hey, this is America, right? Sit back and relax, they are going to get it one way or the other - it may be a few days longer than what you were originally thinking but it will get delivered. Think about them getting another one after they got the first - man, they'd probably place you on indefinate hold and sentence you to forty lashes with a wet noodle! Don't worry, be happy!

Richard, just be patient. The USPS knows who the box belongs to and I seriously doubt they will return the package to you. It's just part of their automated notification system, which I have found to be about 24-48 hours late on being updated.

Our priority mail package was signed for by S Sandoval in Chicago and he is traveling back to Texas to sign your receipt.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Richard,

please, please tell me that you picked the Turkey Stamp for the envelope. The USCIS is only accepting packages with the appropriate holiday-related stamp during this holiday season.....

Richard, just be patient. The USPS knows who the box belongs to and I seriously doubt they will return the package to you. It's just part of their automated notification system, which I have found to be about 24-48 hours late on being updated.

Our priority mail package was signed for by S Sandoval in Chicago and he is traveling back to Texas to sign your receipt.

171154[/snapback]

Thanks Lee!! :rolleyes: I only hope he gets there b4 he eats his Turkey dinner. Because if he ls like me he will take a long nap after all the eating...haha.

Anyway, just got off the phone with USPS and was told to be patient. Sandoval is on his way. :blink:

....but if the pimple faced teenager goes to pick up the mail when it arrives you should be okay.... :P

171164[/snapback]

Thanks Jesse!! :D

Geeez!!! It is only day two of a very long time and many hurdles to overcome and I am already flabergasted!!!

Chef needs a drink...haha B)

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)