oh oh .....am i in trouble?

Yesterday I mailed my I-129F and all the pertinent doc's to go along with the app. I sent the package via the USPS next day delivery with return receipt of delivery. I mailed the package to the following address:

USCIS Texas Service Center

PO Box 850965

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

Tonight I received this following message on my email

Label/Receipt Number: xxxxxxxx

"Another attempt to deliver your item was made at 11:21 am on November 22, 2005 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left. Your mailpiece will be held for five business days from this attempt date and then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

My questions are is this normal and will somebody from USCIS Texas Service Center get the package? Your help and advice, as always, is certainly appreciated :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I mailed my I-129F and all the pertinent doc's to go along with the app.  I sent the package via the USPS next day delivery with return receipt of delivery.  I mailed the package to the following address:

PO Box 850965

Mesquite, TX  75185-0965

"Another attempt to deliver your item was made at 11:21 am on November 22, 2005 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left. Your mailpiece will be held for five business days from this attempt date and then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

My questions are is this normal and will somebody from USCIS Texas Service Center get the package?  Your help and advice, as always, is certainly appreciated :D

171075[/snapback]

I wouldn't think the USCIS office is closed all week... holiday week, so not sure what this means. I would give it another day before getting too drastic. I have no idea what is meant by STAMP either! What does that have to do with USCIS centers? If you have mail delivery confirmation from USPS, that should be good enough. Would think they will be open for business on Wed, but after that, they will likely be closed, but not sure about Friday. I wouldn't send another complete package yet!

Yesterday I mailed my I-129F and all the pertinent doc's to go along with the app.  I sent the package via the USPS next day delivery with return receipt of delivery.  I mailed the package to the following address:

PO Box 850965

Mesquite, TX  75185-0965

My questions are is this normal and will somebody from USCIS Texas Service Center get the package?  Your help and advice, as always, is certainly appreciated :D

171075[/snapback]

I wouldn't think the USCIS office is closed all week... holiday week, so not sure what this means. I would give it another day before getting too drastic. I have no idea what is meant by STAMP either! What does that have to do with USCIS centers? If you have mail delivery confirmation from USPS, that should be good enough. Would think they will be open for business on Wed, but after that, they will likely be closed, but not sure about Friday. I wouldn't send another complete package yet!

171089[/snapback]

With "Return Receipt", you need somone to sign. If it's an un-manned post office box, it may get returned.

PO Box 850965

Mesquite, TX  75185-0965

171075[/snapback]

That's the correct address if you live in Florida. But you know there is no one to sign for things at a PO Box, don't you? Delivery confirmation was probably the only way to know your item was delivered.

Yes, I thought the same thing that USCIS centers would be open at least to the end of business Wednesday. Closed Thursday and Friday. I checked with USPS prior to mailing and was told it would be received at the PO Box.

Randy, I think I am still not quite sure what STAMP is all about. Can you give me a little more on this process. Thanks.... :D

Yes, I thought the same thing that USCIS centers would be open at least to the end of business Wednesday.  Closed Thursday and Friday.  I checked with USPS prior to mailing and was told it would be received at the PO Box. 

Randy, I think I am still not quite sure what STAMP is all about.  Can you give me a little more on this process.  Thanks.... :D

171092[/snapback]

Sorry, didn't mean to distract you there - at Guangzhou, someone just "signs" with a rubber stamp - just someone at the delivery dock or something like that.

Kinda' doubt they do that at the USCIS, though.

PO Box 850965

Mesquite, TX  75185-0965

171075[/snapback]

That's the correct address if you live in Florida. But you know there is no one to sign for things at a PO Box, don't you? Delivery confirmation was probably the only way to know your item was delivered.

171091[/snapback]

So they will get it ...right?