New (yes, again) security clearance procedure

Info line person at DOS just told me (after 90 minute wait) that "the new cases are all being submitted to the National Visa Center for security clearance, NOT the Department of State"

Don't know if it's true, I just reports what I hears.

NVC should be a branch office of DOS...but with DHS comes in, who knows who's taking what...

Info line person at DOS just told me (after 90 minute wait) that "the new cases are all being submitted to the National Visa Center for security clearance, NOT the Department of State"

Don't know if it's true, I just reports what I hears.

NVC should be a branch office of DOS...but with DHS comes in, who knows who's taking what...

It would seem that no one knows exactly what agency does what these days. It's like the old shell game, guess which shell the truth is under. We will probably never know.

Seems to be one of our government's, "Need to know" thinggies. . . . and they apparently figure that we just don't need to know. :huh:

You're right on target Wolfman. And I wonder if they even know? <_<

FBI does the security checks! Ask congressman Conyers D, MI, head of the judicial and adjudication sub. for immigration. B)

Seems to be one of our government's, "Need to know" thinggies. . . . and they apparently figure that we just don't need to know. :huh:

You're right on target Wolfman. And I wonder if they even know? <_<

FBI does the security checks! Ask congressman Conyers D, MI, head of the judicial and adjudication sub. for immigration. B)

100% Correct. Richard Adams confirmed this when we met with him in GZ. His actual words were "FBI and another agency". Later he let it slip that this other agency was CIA but "only in certain cases".