DUH!!they put the SOand Daughter together

We just got the Visa's from the POSTOFFICE -THANKYOU GUZ :P

BUT they placed both the SO and her Duaghter in the SAME BROWN Envelope :( :( :(

So that means they must travel together -

Does the GUZ always do this ?

the Daughter is 17 and a College student - :o MAKE that She was a College student in the middle of her Semester :P :huh:

OH WELL - I quess I better not complain to much-or the TRIGG will GET ME

DID you Notice that VANDERBILT beat TENNESSEE-so much for being ranked #3 in the preseason polls :(

We just got the Visa's from the POSTOFFICE -THANKYOU GUZ :P

BUT they placed both the SO and her Duaghter in the SAME BROWN Envelope?:(?:(?:(

the Daughter is 17 and a College student - :o?MAKE that She was a College student in the middle of her Semester?:P?:huh:

DID you Notice that VANDERBILT beat TENNESSEE-so much for being ranked #3 in the preseason polls :(

170437[/snapback]

That's super cool, to get interviewed at the same time. They can leave China at different times, as long as they enter US within 3 months (or is it 6?) of the visa issuance. Let your step daughter enjoy a short visit to US for Christmas? Man!, that would be such a treat for her. She must be pretty smart to be able to go to University in China. Blessings, oh!, you are so blessed. My stepson has smarts but also such a goof-off. Durned!

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)
...they placed both the SO and her Duaghter in the SAME BROWN Envelope  :(  :(  :(

the Daughter is 17 and a College student - :o  MAKE that She was a College student in the middle of her Semester  :P  :huh:

DID you Notice that VANDERBILT beat TENNESSEE-so much for being ranked #3 in the preseason polls :D

170437[/snapback]

I recall a couple of posts (I think Vincent214 had one of them) dealing with the paperwork all in one envelope. You might try a search, but I seem to recall that someone got confirmation that the K-2 child could travel and enter the US without the files.

vincent's post is the last item/link :

Q.5.12 I have heard that GUZ gives one envelope package to the beneficiary, but my child will follow later?

A.5.12.1

My fiancee and her son both received visas in their passports the day after the interview. They received one brown envelope to take with them to the POE. The envelope is marked K1 & K2.

A.5.12.2

If all visa papers place in 1 package, then K1 and K2 will have to enter together. You may tell consulate that k2 will enter after k1 at a later date, then GZ will place them to 2 packages, but your fiancee will have to sign on a sheet that GZ ask her. k1 and k2 both are allowed to enter within 6 months.

A.5.12.3

I just returned from the consulate. The problem was easily solved by requesting that the manila envelope be split into separate packages. We will return today at 4:00 to pick up two envelopes.

It meant going to the citizen's window on the 2nd floor and getting the nice lady there to call the guards and tell them to direct me to the visa interview area. I spoke with one of the interviewers, and explained the situation. They took the envelope and told me to have my wife pick up the two envelopes the next day. The only bump in the road was the guy at the window where she picked up the two envelopes. He had her sign a statement that the daughter would follow in four months.

A.5.12.4

The FAM is fairly specific about the time limits: 9FAM; 04941081 :

"...the cutoff date for issuance of a K-2 visa is one year from the date of the issuance of the K-1 visa to the principal alien. After one year, and provided that the alien qualifies, the filing of an immediate relative or second preference petition would be required

A.5.12.5

More Info:

K1/K2 Brown Envelope

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12786

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)