This area is such an enigma.?There are only a given number of government databases.?I have never heard that the US has an agreement with China to check Chinese government data bases.?Therefore ... why can't all the check be done one time in Washington ????

Makes no sense to me ...

170053[/snapback]

I think at the minimum they can check the names versus the list of similar names of those who have come to US, plus the database from other countries such as Australia, England, and whatever else provide their database to US. Probably want to make sure the names are authentic and not one of various aliases.

I believe that's the name checks of our SO's are done in US. When it's sent to GUZ, the package probably contains a list of those similar names who have travelled to other countries including the US. Plus GUZ has to do additional name checks which I have no clue how that is done. My SO's old neighbors and associates never got any phone call or inquiry from the GUZ investigators.

On my SO's visa, there are two aliases. One is with my surname and the other with her ex's surname. US government CIS, NVC, GUZ attached (have given) these two aliases to my SO. My SO has always used her maiden name, never changed it - not in her first marriage and does not wish to make any change with me either.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)

ummm, a rose by any name.............

When the NVC does a name check on the USC, is that the only time we are checked??Does the GUZ only check the SO?

169990[/snapback]

I believe that's correct. GUZ only does name check on our SO's. NVC and CSC do background and name checks on the American citizen as well as on the China SO's.

169992[/snapback]

If there was a namecheck is done on the USC, then why weren't there any red flags in Ginny's case?

For those who are new to the board, Ginny was a Chinese woman with a young daughter, who married what she thought was a decent man but turned out to be a convicted child molester whom she caught molesting her daughter.

If a namecheck on the USC were in place the man's record might have been known and and Ginny could have better protected her daughter.