Finally Back in the States

We just got back to NC, via China Southern from Nanning to Lax & then Delta from LAX to ATL then onto CLT. Here is what we experianced & did:

We both carried 2 SUPER LARGE CASES 18"x 10" X 36"

1 Large Suitcase Standard pull behind (Looks like an old original suitcase

2 Carry Ons.

we had to pay an over limit charge in nanning along with a 1600 rmb charge for her dogs large kennle

After getting to GUZ, we reverified the weights of each suitcase (by finding a vacant ticket desk & used the scale there. We ended up taking out of one bag & placing the contents into another, making sure that none of the large cases exceeded 32 kg. and each of the carry ons not exceed 10kg.

For the extra large suitcase & the dog, we paid about 3,000 rmb. BE SURE AND KEEP YOUR RECIEPTS HANDY upon arriving in LAX. :greenblob:

Any way, our bags followed us as well as the dog, and never had to pay anything more.

As for LAX & Customs & Immigrations:

If she doesn't have children comming with you, you should be able to go through any of the lines that are there. Just be sure and pick up & Have her fill out the I-94 (they have them in both english & chinese forms)form that will be on your right upon entering the immigrations area.

NOTE:(Keep her passport, ID, & I-94 handy in one place as you may be asked to present them at security at the domestic level)

Upon getting back to NC, after spending 2 days of recouperating from the flight, We assembeld everything for an Early Monday start.

On Monday we arrived at the Social Security office at 7am (Our office services 5 counties so the earlier you get there, the faster in & Out) We were the first ones to be seen, and we presented her I-94, Passport, Visa, Birth Papers along with my passport & Drivers Lisence. The woman processed it & then told us that my So would recieve her SSN in about 14 days.

On Tuesday, we got married at the JP at 10am. Then off to our New Apartment to attempt to try and get things into order.

The following Monday, we recieved her SSN in the mail so we figured what the heck, lets see if we could get a copy of our Marraige Lisence. Low & be hold, we were able to get 3 copies of that and so off to the DMV's office to get her State Issued ID. By 2pm, we had all that we needed to begin filling out the AOS Forms.

But, with all of the expences incurred for the trip, new Apt, Deposits for utilities etc & of course, the initial Grocery Shopping & Furniture shopping (GOD Guys, Get your self prepared, for if your SO is anything like mine, once they hit the stores here, you will soon beging to hear the checkbook crying, LOL)

Any way, we are both out on the road now for my work, so that we can rebuild the finances before submitting the AOS. This is also a treat for her as she is getting to see most of the eastern sea board and she is able to also work along side of me which she is just thrilled with the amount of money that she is able to make with so little effort.

During all of this time we have learned many of her first times likes & dislikes when it comes to food, LOL Like Tobasco sauce. (ended buying a case of the stuff as in her words, it makes everything taste better) likes Bo-Jangles, could care less about Italian, but Loves pizza, (Go-Figure) Loves banana splits, and can not figure out just why she can not drink the aroma of coffee, so Now when i make coffee in the morning, I make a pot double strong for her, and a reg for me. Oh and she loves Duncan Donuts Moca-Late` and carmle mokiota late`.

I will try my best to get on here at least once a week between now & when we get ready to do the AOS Forms, as I am sure we will have many questions at that point. But until then, we will try & do what we can to help with others in their questions as to what we our selves experianced.

Thanks to all of you that have assisted us in our adventure & if asked, yes, we would do it all over again.

Slow down and enjoy the ride, will 'ya. :P Sounds like you have the practical stuff well in hand, and it's nice to hear that some governmental agencies actually get the job done in short order.

I'm sure the travel is a real eye opener as is the variety of American food. One note of caution. Be prepared to have your ear bent when she starts adding a few pounds after consuming all those banana splits. :P

Congratulations on your wedding and best wishes to you both.

That is so damned exciting!  Hope to be following suit soon.  Thank you for sharing your experience.

Rick

169225[/snapback]

That is very exciting indeed!!! Thanks for sharing!! Congratulations and best wishes to both of you!

Guest ShaQuaNew
Slow down and enjoy the ride, will 'ya. :o Sounds like you have the practical stuff well in hand, and it's nice to hear that some governmental agencies actually get the job done in short order.

169280[/snapback]

Congratulations to you both....and oh yeah, you might consider switching to decaf....

:P