present required documents today

Well folks it is my time here at the GUZ , just sitting around and waiting for the opportunity to present the required additional information <_< .

they should be well satisfied since they now have now been provided with more personal information than I believe that they ever should have .

I will keep you informed with a progress report .

Richard

Richard,

glad your there in GUZ...  added support to the overcome and your SO.

Please keep us updated...

168862[/snapback]

Hi David ,

Other than having to deal with 3 very difficult rental cops who did not want to let the SO accompany me ( I overcame that ) I gave the VO on the 4th floor the required documents and passports . We are to return on Thursday at 2:30

so I expect to get the visa's but until We have it ,I just have to wait

Thanks for the Support

Something that was unclear to me when we went to the Consulate was exactly where were we to go just to hand in the requested documents.

we stood in line outside the Consulate for about 20 minutes and the quards did not tell me anything so I finally went to the 4th floor and then into the 1st room - again

NO Signs -no help so I went to the Second room where it became oblivious that I still was not were the VO's were.

At about 1:45 P.M . the windows were opening and 2 of about 8 stations began to process people.

the GUZ certainly has more capacity than the number of VO's that I saw.

The VO who took our materials was a pretty Asian lady in her 30's who was an American and who spoke (according to the SO)excellent Chinese .

She was very business like , pleasant and professional - what else could have we Asked for ?/she gave us a white slip with another appointment time of 14:30 hours on Thursday - She did take the SO's and her Duaghters passport .

It was Determined after questioning others that we were to return on Thursday to the same 4th floor area.

THE Only issue For Me was that the quards decided that I could not bring the SO with me through to the 4th floor

THIS was After these Same guards had just allowed 2 other SO's to accompany their MALE American Citizens into the 4th Floor rooms .After a 2 minute standoff the Chinese renta cops allowed us to pass when I told them repeatedly that I wanted to see the Supervisor .

Security there at the Embassy was what you would find at an Airport .

It's better to leave your cell phones , cameras and finger nail clippers at home when you visit .

Something that was unclear  to me when we went to the Consulate was exactly where were we to go just to hand in the requested documents.

we stood in line outside the Consulate for about 20 minutes and the quards did not tell me anything so I finally went to the 4th floor and then into the 1st room - again

NO Signs -no help  so I went to the Second room where it became oblivious that I still was not were the VO's were.

At about 1:45 P.M . the windows were opening and 2 of about 8 stations began to process people.

the GUZ certainly has more capacity than the number of VO's that I saw.

The VO who took our materials was a pretty Asian lady in her 30's who was an American and who spoke (according to the SO)excellent Chinese .

She was very business like , pleasant and professional - what else could have we  Asked for ?/she gave us a white slip with another appointment time of 14:30 hours on Thursday - She did take the SO's and her Duaghters passport .

It was Determined after questioning others that we were to return on Thursday to the same 4th floor area.

THE Only issue For Me was that the quards decided that I could not bring the SO with me through to the 4th floor

THIS was After these Same guards had just allowed 2 other SO's to accompany their MALE American Citizens into the 4th Floor rooms .After a 2 minute standoff the Chinese renta cops allowed us to pass when I told them repeatedly that I wanted to see the Supervisor .

Security there at the Embassy was what you would find at an Airport .

It's better to leave your cell phones , cameras and finger nail clippers at home when you visit .

168976[/snapback]

Thanks for the update, is good info if anyone ever runs into something similar. I have been following your journey (or should I say ordeal?).......looking forward to a positive outcome, good luck to you both !