American Ginseng Root

When I returned from my recent trip from China I had a bag of ginsing and some mushrooms in my suitcase. I checked the box on the customs form saying I had plants just to be safe. When the customs inspector looked at it, his words was this is the common Chinese ginsing and not the rare American ginsing. I got a laugh as he said "Excuse me, but I want to take a good smell." He took a huge snort of it and said "That smells great" rewrapped it and replaced it in my suitcase. He did the same with my mushrooms, commenting on how clean they were with no apparent insects.

So as far as I know we can bring in a reasonable amount of ginsing from China with no trouble from US customs. Hope that helps

When I returned from my recent trip from China I had a bag of ginsing and some mushrooms in my suitcase. I checked the box on the customs form saying I had plants just to be safe. When the customs inspector looked at it, his words was this is the common Chinese ginsing and not the rare American ginsing. I got a laugh as he said "Excuse me, but I want to take a good smell." He took a huge snort of it and said "That smells great" rewrapped it and replaced it in my suitcase. He did the same with my mushrooms, commenting on how clean they were with no apparent insects.

So as far as I know we can bring in a reasonable amount of ginsing from China with no trouble from US customs. Hope that helps

Uh Carl, not all of us look as trusting and as wholesome as you. :blink:

Do not try this at home kids. :D

Uh Carl, not all of us look as trusting and as wholesome as you. :) Do not try this at home kids. :D
Dennis, do you look like a ginseng smugller or women smugller only?