Question about Chinese passport

Hi I am just beginning the preliminary stages of a K-1 visa process. I am a US citizen. Currently, my fiancee does not have a Chinese passport. She has travelled extensively inside the nation of China but never abroad. How can she get a passport? We are both confused. Any information is greatly appreciated. thank you.

Hi I am just beginning the preliminary stages of a K-1 visa process.  I am a US citizen. Currently, my fiancee does not have a Chinese passport. She has travelled extensively inside the nation of China but never abroad.  How can she get a passport?  We are both confused.  Any information is greatly appreciated. thank you.

167573[/snapback]

Go to China Post Office and find out how. The application is at the post office. In some cities, like Shanghai, it can be sent by mail. In smaller cities, it has to be submitted in person at the provincial administrative office of her residence on record.

Hi I am just beginning the preliminary stages of a K-1 visa process.  I am a US citizen. Currently, my fiancee does not have a Chinese passport. She has travelled extensively inside the nation of China but never abroad.  How can she get a passport?  We are both confused.  Any information is greatly appreciated. thank you.

167573[/snapback]

Go to China Post Office and find out how. The application is at the post office. In some cities, like Shanghai, it can be sent by mail. In smaller cities, it has to be submitted in person at the provincial administrative office of her residence on record.

167574[/snapback]

Thank you for your quick answer. I have been spending much time trying to find out any information to no avail. You have been very helpful.

Would you happen to know any of the basic requirements? She has no criminal record and no health concerns, etc.

Again, Thank you.

167573[/snapback]

167574[/snapback]

Thank you for your quick answer. I have been spending much time trying to find out any information to no avail. You have been very helpful.

Would you happen to know any of the basic requirements? She has no criminal record and no health concerns, etc.

Again, Thank you.

167578[/snapback]

You can start here if you read Chinese:

http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/hzqz/hzlxz/default.htm

167573[/snapback]

167574[/snapback]

Again, Thank you.

167578[/snapback]

You can start here if you read Chinese:

http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/hzqz/hzlxz/default.htm

167582[/snapback]

Thanks for the link. I cannot read chinese but I have just introduced her to this website and I sent the link you provided to her in an email as well.

Edited by bleowheels (see edit history)

167573[/snapback]

My Wife obtained her passport in two working days in her home town. (no bribery or anything like that was needed - lol)

I saw nowhere in the I-129F documentation (K-1 or K-3) where the SO's passport is required. Where a passport is required is if you as the US Citizen can't provide a birth certificate, you can send every page of your passport as alternative evidence.

As I was enlightened by some of our more senior and wiser members, she will need a passport to insert the visa into, just as you had to have your passport to insert your Chinese visa into. I had my wife get hers now, so if the PRC red tape was a big hassle, we'd have it hopefully all wrapped up now rather than after the interview :lol: Happily it seems it was a piece of cake. *knock wood*

Merc

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

I am Li, I live in a small city.And I got my passport in 2003. I went to the Police Station, they have a department to issue passports. The only thing to do was to fill out the application and to pay around 200 yuan, and three weeks later I picked it up. It is easy for chinese to apply for a passport, so take it easy. Good Luck.

Li

I am Li, I live in a small city.And I got my passport in 2003. I went to the Police Station, they have a department to issue passports. The only thing to do was to fill out the application and to pay around 200 yuan, and three weeks later I picked it up. It is easy for chinese to apply for a passport, so take it easy.  Good Luck.

Li

167636[/snapback]

Ok. Thank you.

167573[/snapback]

My Wife obtained her passport in two working days in her home town. (no bribery or anything like that was needed - lol)

I saw nowhere in the I-129F documentation (K-1 or K-3) where the SO's passport is required. Where a passport is required is if you as the US Citizen can't provide a birth certificate, you can send every page of your passport as alternative evidence.

As I was enlightened by some of our more senior and wiser members, she will need a passport to insert the visa into, just as you had to have your passport to insert your Chinese visa into. I had my wife get hers now, so if the PRC red tape was a big hassle, we'd have it hopefully all wrapped up now rather than after the interview ;) Happily it seems it was a piece of cake. *knock wood*

Merc

167624[/snapback]

Thanks. All of you are invaluable.

Welcome to Candle. Our members are more than happy and willing to answer your questions. Good luck on your quest.

167644[/snapback]

Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to all of the knowledge that I will find, and I am grateful for all of it that I have already found, here.

167648[/snapback]

My wife (fiancee) didn't have a passport when I met her. After our first meeting I sent her a letter indicating my intent for marriage in the US and that she would need a passport for visa purposes. She submitted this to the local authorities and had the passport in three days. She explained to me that she had to state a PURPOSE as to why she needed a passport.