Acco fasteners

I did the same as you with the vaccination supplement envelope. For the photos though I just put them in an envelope and wrote PHOTOS on the outside then punched that.

I'm a little confused about which address to send the packet to. The address john90 gave me is different than the actual address of homeland security, which is 10 W Jackson. Anyone know for sure which address to use if you want a signature?

Thank!

I did the same as you with the vaccination supplement envelope. For the photos though I just put them in an envelope and wrote PHOTOS on the outside then punched that.

I'm a little confused about which address to send the packet to. The address john90 gave me is different than the actual address of homeland security, which is 10 W Jackson. Anyone know for sure which address to use if you want a signature?

Thank!

167999[/snapback]

The non-US Postal address for I-485, I-765 and I-131 is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

ATTN: FBASI

427 S. LaSalle - 3rd Floor

Chicago, Il 60605-1098

This is your best option if you want a signature from USCIS. I understand if you send certified or registered to the lock box the signature is actually from USPS, so it doesn't prove they got the application.

For the photos, I put in ziplock baggy and attached to the application, as I read somewhere to put on application.

For vaccination supp, I out this in a plastic sleeve which was punched.. I realized this made it a pain to get out (have to take off all the papers and open sleeve. So I cut a horizontal on front of it and then you reach into the sleeve and pull it out and put back in if you want. Even out a tab with the words "Lift" on the cut...

This is the only two address I have collected so far for the FAQ ...

I mailed to the P.O. box...

You will need to mail your application to:

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

Attn: FBASI

427 S. LaSalle 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I put smaller stuff like photos, check ect in a nice zip lock bag and attached it that way

Hi all, David and Hakkamike,

Could I ask you this. Is it OK to just staple, "securely fasten", your check (fee) to the upper

left hand corner of you cover letter, the first sheet of your application?

p.s. I am using ACCO fasteners for the petition.

Thanks jimxiao

I used ACCO fasteners.. and then used two paperclips to hold the checks to the first sheet of the application (the cover letter), instead of stapling.. just to make it easier to remove the checks without tearing anything.

Here are some general instructions I have collected so far:

1. Mark both the envelope and the cover letter as to the nature of the submission.

2. Mark both the envelope and the cover letter as to the form type.

3. Provide both the receipt notice number and the A-Number as an identifier, if they are available.

4. Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

5. Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

6. The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

7. Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

8. Place the check on top of the application, securely fastened in the upper left corner. If more than one application is filed, submit a separate check for each. This will avoid the necessity of returning ALL applications should just one be found to be unacceptable. Place all the checks on the top application.

9. Make check Payable to: "Department of Homeland Security"

10. Attach passport photos to the relevant application, but do not staple since damage might occur to the picture.

# 10: Edit out ADIT for 'passport'...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I used ACCO fasteners.. and then used two paperclips to hold the checks to the first sheet of the application

(the cover letter), instead of stapling.. just to make it easier to remove the checks without tearing anything.

Here are some general instructions I have collected so far: 1 through 10............

Hi David,

Thanks for the information. A very comprehensive and informative post. Im heading in that direction

in December so this info is appreciated. JimXiao