Acco fasteners

What did others do for fastening odd sized documents to include... thinking mainly of the Vaccination Supplement I-693 is inside a seal envelope.

I don't think that one wants to double punch the envelope and its contents...

167440[/snapback]

I put smaller stuff like photos, check ect in a nice zip lock bag and attached it that way

I just got back from office depot and like usual, I went overboard. I ended up getting clear folders that fasten the paperwork from within. Called 'quick bind', no holes needed. Then I got some clear plastic sleeves which I will separate and attach my photos with 2 sided tape. Then I'll put everything in a nice pocket holder. One set of originals and two copied sets. I still have to get a large holder for the kitchen sink. I also picked up other styles of folders and stuff just in case I screwed up. :(

I ended up up doing something similar with clear folder that the I-693 can slide into... then after they take out the form, they can put it in the slide in plastic if they want to as well...

As for pictures, best practice to me seems:

1) they don't want them stapled so as to not damage them... I'd apply the same logic with tape.

2) They want the "A" number written in pencil on the back of any pictures.

3) They want them attached to the relevant application.

I'd recommend to put them in a baggie or clear holder, and the bag or holder can either stapled to the application or placed first in front of the application...

When I went to Homeland Security today to submit the AOS paperwork (which they wouldn't let me do, by the way... said I had to mail it) I asked the woman about the ACCO fasteners/binder requirements. She said they will take it out of your binder and put it in their own system so they don't really care how you send it, as long as it's organized.

When I went to Homeland Security today to submit the AOS paperwork (which they wouldn't let me do, by the way... said I had to mail it) I asked the woman about the ACCO fasteners/binder requirements. She said they will take it out of your binder and put it in their own system so they don't really care how you send it, as long as it's organized.

167833[/snapback]

I read this on VJ as well yesterday... so, when I did the tabs at bottom, I didn't imply any sequential order on the tab name... just state what it is : I-485, I-864 , etc. I am sure they will re-order it.

For the Vaccination Supplement envelope.

I carefully looked at the envelope, made sure the enclosed form was on the other side and put two holes punched in the envelope. I did not see a problem with this. It is not through the form inside. It is too small to have been considered opened. It is quite obvious it is only for puuting the form with the rest of the documentation.

For Pictures (passport style photos).

I bought one of those picture albums hand hold size that holds 30 4x6 pictures with clear plastic backing. Trimmed down to be just a little longer than the pictures. Placed staples in the page so the pictures would stay put on their own sides, then punch two holes into the side with the opening. Once placed into the package, the opening is on top so the pictures can not fall out and they are quite visible that these are the pictures requested.