Should it be 2+ weeks from the receipt of of the I-130 (I sent it express mail, and they signed for it 10/24)? It will be a full 2 weeks come Monday, and I look at other people and their signatures and I see that it's usually a day or two from when the SC receives it until they get an NOA1.

I know some NSC apps get forwarded to CSC, but I thought that NSC would at least NOA me first. I have no idea how I could even track this because no numbers have been issued yet, that I am aware of. The check has yet to clear the bank, so I feel like I may have already fallen into a black hole, and I hardly even started.

:D

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

Well enough research on CFL and VJ and I knew to avoid that timebomb. I also would have done K-1 versus K-3, but my SO was insistent on getting married in China, and it was worth the extra wait. She is happy, her family is happy, and I am happy too. Looks like I'll be heading back in late March. I was tentative about that because we thought maybe she would be nearing the end of the road by then, but I am pretty confident that will only be about the mid-point for our wait.

Though I know other NSC filers who have their interview coming soon, and only after maybe 6-7 months after filing the I-130. I can only pray ours moves with that kind of speed. I also see several in the 14-18 month range and that kind of timeline gives me nightmares :lol: I wish you the best on your interview Mengxin! You've waited long enough.

Merc

I take it no P1 yesterday.

You say that it will be 2 weeks soon since mailing the petition. It should be any day now! 7-10 days is the norm on petition receipts.

I would be a bit concern after 2 weeks. It's too damn early in the game to be calling that 1-800-no-help line!

Man!...I hope you get it tomorrow, or Tuesday, or even Wednesday!!

-double good luck!

-Just an afterthought. When you do get it, I'd consider filing the I-129F for K3.

Should it be 2+ weeks from the receipt of of the I-130 (I sent it express mail, and they signed for it 10/24)?  It will be a full 2 weeks come Monday, and I look at other people and their signatures and I see that it's usually a day or two from when the SC receives it until they get an NOA1.

I know some NSC apps get forwarded to CSC, but I thought that NSC would at least NOA me first.  I have no idea how I could even track this because no numbers have been issued yet, that I am aware of.  The check has yet to clear the bank, so I feel like I may have already fallen into a black hole, and I hardly even started.

;)

166224[/snapback]

Hey Merc:0 How 'bout helping us out, and add your signature, ie. Timeline. Just a thought :lol:

It took about 10 days for my NOA1. That CSC has become super slo-pokes. You will learn patience with this CSC. It took them 6 months to process my stepson's I-130. I think CSC has a bunch of union workers with daily quota to work. Typical of gummint agency without increased budget, the workers would do a slow down to ensure job security.

Mine went through several iterations of further investigations, and went through 2 or 3 officers. Like a bunch of dyslexic retards whose work has to be rechecked 3 - 4 times.

Should it be 2+ weeks from the receipt of of the I-130 (I sent it express mail, and they signed for it 10/24)?  It will be a full 2 weeks come Monday, and I look at other people and their signatures and I see that it's usually a day or two from when the SC receives it until they get an NOA1.

I know some NSC apps get forwarded to CSC, but I thought that NSC would at least NOA me first.  I have no idea how I could even track this because no numbers have been issued yet, that I am aware of.  The check has yet to clear the bank, so I feel like I may have already fallen into a black hole, and I hardly even started.

:wacko:

166224[/snapback]

Hey Merc:0 How 'bout helping us out, and add your signature, ie. Timeline. Just a thought B)

166686[/snapback]

I had all of that, but on the advice of a good friend on here and VJ, I took it off. Maybe I am overly cautious, and maybe a little selfish (I know it is useful information for others), but I do not want to do anything to jeopardize my beloved wife getting here to be with me as soon as possible.

Those @#$%^&*( 3rd party emails that seem to carry much more weight than they should are, as we well know, enough to require delays or overcomes. When she is here with me, I will add my entire timeline gladly. Until then, I want to be cautious. Trust me when I say I would say the exact same things I am saying now, were it in a coffee shop or a get together. ;)

I'll just say I am waiting for the NOA 1 for the I-130 (K-3). I was told by some other NSC'ers that have had excellent luck with their timelines (7-8 months to interview), that they waited as much as 20 days for their NOA1. I'll patiently wait this week, hoping to see it soon.