Between NVC and State Dept. VISA office

Has anyone experienced their NVC case getting lost and not arriving at the State Department VISA office? I called NVC yesterday and they said it was sent to the State Department and was given a phone number to track the problem there. It has been at NVC for almost one year now waiting for a reply. The State Department stated that they don't have the case !!! I was asked to call NVC back and have them resend the file. I called NVC again and the supervisor wants me to call her back next Thursday because she is handling it personally.

Has Anyone ever had this happen to them?

One year wasted!! I asked for a special expedite to be put on the case.

Larry Fleming

State Department Visa Office? What's that? Is that something new?

I believe all visa related paperwork goes from NVC to the visa-issuing Consulate (yes, all Consulates are a part of the State Department), but I am not aware of there being ONE State Department visa office, does anyone else know about this?

In our case, the paperwork goes directly from NVC to GZ (U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China). It usually takes about 1 to 2 months for GZ to admit they have the paperwork.

But if your paperwork left NVC a year ago ... something is definitely wrong, very wrong!

I suggest you go to the GZ website and fill out their webform question thing and ask them what's up.

Sounds like you got stuck in namecheck hell. Do you know when NVC said they sent the files to the consulate? Most of the time, the consulate won't acknowledge receipt of the files until the information is actually entered into their computers even in instances when they have physicial possession of the files. If NVC said they sent the files to DOS, say within the two months, I can think of three things that could have happened:

1. The files arrived at the DHL facility in China but have not yet been delivered to the consulate.

2. The files have been delivered to the consulate, but the information has not been entered into the sysytem

3. The files actually got lost.

Hope you can get to the bottom of this. Good luck.

Has anyone experienced their NVC case getting lost and not arriving at the State Department VISA office?  I called NVC yesterday and they said it was sent to the State Department and was given a phone number to track the problem there.  It has been at NVC for almost one year now waiting for a reply.  The State Department stated that they don't have the case !!!  I was asked to call NVC back and have them resend the file.  I called NVC again and the supervisor wants me to call her back next Thursday because she is handling it personally. 

Has Anyone ever had this happen to them?

One year wasted!!  I asked for a special expedite to be put on the case.

Larry Fleming

166128[/snapback]

I was told by NVC that they just gather the results (paperwork). The name check and FBI or whatever else happens is done in Washington D.C. at the State Department Visa Office (202) 663-1225. They had nothing to send back to NVC with all the checks because they never got the file!

I realize NVC sends it to the Consulate in China when NVC gets the results back. But they never would have gotten anything because when they sent it off.........it was never rec'd or entered in the DOS Visa office.

I was told to have NVC for name check and whatever else they do so they can approve and send back to NVC so it could then be forwarded to the Chinese Consulate.

Larry

I was told by NVC that they just gather the results (paperwork).  The name check and FBI or whatever else happens is done in Washington D.C. at the State Department Visa Office (202) 663-1225.  They had nothing to send back to NVC with all the checks because they never got the file! 

166133[/snapback]

Thanks for clarifying this. Kinda renders my previous post meaningless. Sorry about that.

I was told by NVC that they just gather the results (paperwork).  The name check and FBI or whatever else happens is done in Washington D.C. at the State Department Visa Office (202) 663-1225.  They had nothing to send back to NVC with all the checks because they never got the file! 

166133[/snapback]

Thanks for clarifying this. Kinda renders my previous post meaningless. Sorry about that.

166135[/snapback]

I appreciate the thought.

thank you to all

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your predicament. Unlike the members that have already posted. I am less knowledgable about all the different types of visas.

Just out of curiosity, I was hoping you would present your timeline in the signature area. My question is, are you applying for your spouse, or one of her family members. One year missing, / waiting is a long time!

sounds like you are in a holding pattern until next week when you call her back.... good luck and keep us posted... and maybe show your timeline for all