Employer's Letter

Put on company letterhead.

Name of position or job Title

How long you have worked there.

That it is a permanent not a temporary job.

Signed by supervisor or HR.

How much you make.

If I think of more I will add :banned:

What's the deal with the employment letter anyway? In the I-864 They ask for current pay stubs and copies of your last 3 years of taxes. That info would pretty much put the nail in the coffin whether or not your above the poverty line and your employment is steady. Your SSN and tax returns can be easily verified for accuracy, where the employment letter they ask for in the interview doesn't require notary and could be easily forged with innaccurate information. I don't see where it would hold any water vs. providing any other proof of employment. Paystubs include all the same information printed on water marked paper that says "VOID" accross it when you try to copy it.

dough!!! There I go again... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/thMyback.gif

What's the deal with the employment letter anyway? In the I-864 They ask for current pay stubs and copies of your last 3 years of taxes. That info would pretty much put the nail in the coffin whether or not your above the poverty line and your employment is steady. Your SSN and tax returns can be easily verified for accuracy, where the employment letter they ask for in the interview doesn't require notary and could be easily forged with innaccurate information. I don't see where it would hold any water vs. providing any other proof of employment. Paystubs include all the same information printed on water marked paper that says "VOID" accross it when you try to copy it.

dough!!! There I go again... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/thMyback.gif

165269[/snapback]

How many current pay stubs would you recommend? Five? Ten?

Thanks.

From the FAQ:

Q.3.10 Employment Letter ?

A.3.10.1

"To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)".

The employment letter does not need to be notarized. It should be on business letterhead. The human resource manager can sign it.

A.3.10.2

DOS told him that the letters from the employer and the bank letters cannot be any older than 45 days from the day of the interview in Guangzhou. [This has not been verified a second time, but worth noting as one experience - editor]

What's the deal with the employment letter anyway? In the I-864 They ask for current pay stubs and copies of your last 3 years of taxes. That info would pretty much put the nail in the coffin whether or not your above the poverty line and your employment is steady.

165269[/snapback]

Remember for K-1/K-3, the I-864 is not used until the AOS back in the states.

My employment letter and paycheck stubs are dated back in May and the interview was in October. We had no problems at the interview. I know that I was pushing my luck and I wouldn't suggest anyone here to do that. The reason I did not have a more updated letter and pay stubs was a new company took over in July. Instead of having a permanent employment of 10 years it would have been an employment of a couple of months. I rather have them see a more steady job employment, but I had the new company paperwork on the wings.

My employment letter and paycheck stubs are dated back in May and the interview was in October. We had no problems at the interview. I know that I was pushing my luck and I wouldn't suggest anyone here to do that. The reason I did not have a more updated letter and pay stubs was a new company took over in July. Instead of having a permanent employment of 10 years it would have been an employment of a couple of months. I rather have them see a more steady job employment, but I had the new company paperwork on the wings.

165400[/snapback]

I would add that I can recall a [k1] interview or two where employment did not exist at the time of submitting the petition, but by the time of the interview the USC had work. When the beneficiary was questioned at the interview, a simple, "he now has work" was all the VO wanted to hear.

I understand the desire to show more work rather than less. If another company 'takes over', maybe people could ask that the letter include the time and standing with the previous company, however brief to show the continuity.

Just don't put your SO in a situation where she might stumbling on a question about your [changing] employment... go over the details as needed...