Civil Surgeon visit

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, this is much like the SSN issue, go to the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil.htm You will find the technical instructions for Civil Surgeons that give them the instructions for what you need. Print all the tables and appendixes to take with you.

Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons for Vaccination Requirements

II. ROLE OF THE CIVIL SURGEON

Vaccination Assessment

Once it is determined that an applicant is a refugee or a person applying for adjustment of status in the United States, the civil surgeon must review all vaccination records presented by the applicant during this process and record the vaccination assessment results on Supplemental

Form To I-693. Those vaccines determined to be required must be administered.

Apparently he has not had time to read the damn thing so take it with you and give it to him as a gift so he can do his job. I'd suggest highlighting the appropriate sections as he is only a Civil Surgeon and I am not positive of the literacy requirements for the position. :P

165609[/snapback]

He is a Russian immigrant.. Most of the literature around the room was in russian :unsure:

165638[/snapback]

Yeah, but the CDC only publishes in English, so let him practice. :P

Finally got my wifes shots.

The first Civil Surgeon demanded a complete physical. ($480, not counting shots).

We went to a Community Center to get the shots. $137 vs $380.

Finally found a Civil Surgeon's nurse who said okay.

Still wasn't sure so I faxed a copy of the instructions, high lighting where is said don't need physical. When we got there I explained to the nurse that a physical wasn't needed per USCIS regulations.

The doctor came in, saw all my papers laying on the cot, asked for the vaccination documents, said he'd sign, came back with the sealed envelop and copy. $69.

A co-worker took his wife to the same doctor 2 months ago, the doctor demanded a physical, and not knowing he allowed his wife to do it. A lot of wasted money.

If you don't show them you know the rules, they will screw you.

I got a call today from the CS office.. they said that the form is ready to be picked up  :huh:   

I told them I got the second MMR to ensure they sign off as "complete".. she kept telling me 'complete', in that thick Russian accent.

I guess I'll find out for sure when I pick it up next week...  <_<

166155[/snapback]

I picked up the I-693 .. checked off at bottom as "completed" ...

Next stop, the "lockbox" !