Question about the DS156 and DS157

Can somebody please tell me when it changed (how long ago) and it was required to complete the DS156 and DS157 both in English and in Chinese???

My lawyer failed to complete these forms for us and my wife was just turned away from her medical exam!!! :unsure:

I am really pissed off!!! My wife had to ride 10 hours by bus to Guangzhou and another 10 hours back FOR NOTHING!!! :)

I want to know this so that I can make it part of the ass chewing he is about to receive!!!

Thanks,

Scott

There's been much discussed in the past on this subject.

I remember reading that some people filled out both the English and Chinese versions and some just the English version. I can't exactly remember but I would play it on the safe side and fill out both.

Do a search and see what's out in the CFL archives.

-good luck

FAQ

Q.1.17 What should be brought to the medical exam?

A.1.17.1

Each person who is examined must bring a passport and four (4) photographs of themselves to give to the examining physician.

A.1.17.2

My fiancée had to have this letter [P4 Appointment letter] at her medical because they asked to see it, and the guard asked for it as well standing in line at the consulate the day of the interview.. Here was the wording on the letter: “ This letter must be presented upon your arrival at this office on the appointment date.”

A.1.17.3

Some ladies forgot their passport and appointment letter and had to go back to the hotel and get them.

You will need the marriage certificate…

A.1.17.4

Consulate Guangzhou webpage:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...edicalexam.html

At the time of your medical exam, please bring all the documents listed on Form OF-171, Appointment Letter for Immigrant Visa Applicants (K3/K4 applicants please refer to "Letter to K3/K4 Applicants"; V applicants please refer to "Letter to V Applicants"), with you to the designated clinic or hospital. The staff there will help to put these materials in order, and then return them to you in a sealed envelope which is to be opened only by the Consulate staff at the time of interview. If it appears opened prior to the interview, you risk getting a denial by the VO. Your signature will be required to indicate your participation in the process.

A.1.17.5

Paperwork put in package for GUZ at 1st People's on 6-13-05 for a CR-1

Two MORE (total of 4) photos

DS-230 Part II (only for CR1)

Divorce document (IMMIGRANT'S only)

Police

Marriage

birth certs

A COPY of the bio. pages of the passport- actual PP was checked and returned (if applicable police record)

Family Composition form (for 16 and older)

medical exam certification sheet

Also received the xray.

A.1.17.6

K1, K3:

1) Four (4) passport pictures (print name on back)

2) Beneficiary Passport

3) P4 Appointment letter (make copies; give them a copy)

4) P3 collected docs from OF-167 (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

5) P4 (K1 list) (make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (do not sign); attached (2) passport photos of beneficiary to each (total of 4 pics)

b. DS-156K in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (sign)

c. DS-157 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (sign)

d. GNI-2 , Supplemental Form (do not sign)

e. GIV-24 , Family Composition Sheet (signed)

f. Medical docs from P4 (Instructions and worksheet)

g. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

6) DS-230, Part II (CR1 only)

7) If any shot records on hand, bring (CR1/CR2)

8) Have blank forms for P4 docs (in case something is wrong)

A.1.17.7

The hospital noticed that the police certificate had expired and told us to get a new one- they will help out.

A.1.17.8

CR/IR-1 or 2 : IF any shot records are in hand- take such to the physical.

A.1.17.6

K1, K3:

2) Beneficiary Passport

4) P3 collected docs from OF-167 (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (do not sign); attached (2) passport photos of beneficiary to each (total of 4 pics)

163892[/snapback]

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I checked again at the forms sent out from GUZ:

a. we need to sign on DS-156,

b. don't sign on DS-156K,

c. there is no place for signature in DS-157.

BTW, the line item 12 (last two employers) in the Chinese version of DS-157 sent out from GUZ is slightly different from the sample one from Links & Resources.

Edited by fly (see edit history)
A.1.17.6

K1, K3:

2) Beneficiary Passport

163892[/snapback]

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I checked again at the forms sent out from GUZ:

a. we need to sign on DS-156,

b. don't sign on DS-156K,

c. there is no place for signature in DS-157.

BTW, the line item 12 (last two employers) in the Chinese version of DS-157 sent out from GUZ is slightly different from the sample one from Links & Resources.

163927[/snapback]

Thanks for correcting.. I'll change this.

If you (or anyone) has updated forms and has a way to scan them, please do so and pass on.

When I took over the FAQ, it was already in there... so seems that at least for all of this year.

I would suggest that the attorney does not know the Consulate in Guangzhou well enough.. and this is not necessarily his fault as I am sure that they cannot possibly know every specific local want of every consulate.

That is one thing that makes VJ so valuable; you can figure out what any consulate around the world is currently asking for; and Obviously CFL does that the best for GUZ.