Something finally went quickly!!

:P

Our long journey has finally been completed.

Some of the oldie's (but goodies) may recall that it took us over two years to receive our K-1 visa. So it came as a complete surprise when we received our green card one week to the day after our interview.

Our interview went quite smoothly, even though my dear wife got our address wrong when asked by the officer :lol:

I had one concern going into the interview....after submitting support documents (umpteen times) I did not believe I would have to justify my ability to support my dear wife again. I left my position a couple months ago so we could travel and get ready to start our own business.

The interview appointment letter we received again directed me to bring in support documents...letter from company, etc, etc,etc....

During the interview the officer looked up and asked me if I still work for ........ company. I simply replied no I left my position a couple months ago.....

That was it, she never batted an eye or asked why....she proceeded with the rest of the interview and then told us we would have our green card in 2-3 weeks.

What surprised me is that she spent the most time looking at our pictures which she added to our file.

We did have one laugh during the interview…. She asked if we had any documents where we had joint accounts, and my dear wife handed her copies of bills, bank statements, etc. She asked if should could make a copy of our bills for the records and I told her just keep the original we had already paid the bills. Laopuo sat up and said no she could not keep the original we had not paid the electric bill yet, said I did not know about the bills…sure I know, I am only a man, what do I know. :lol:

Anyway....from our long trip to success it has been a long and trying ordeal at times....and times of sheer joy when we would overcome an obstacle.

May your journeys be quicker, good luck.

Edited by yyp (see edit history)

Great news. Trigg this calls for an extra large wahoo for the couple who endured 2 years for a visa. It is a great feeling to finally have the whole mess behind you and start living your life. Congratulations.

it took over 2 years? Can you please tell me exactly how long? Thanks

163497[/snapback]

I applied for the K-1 visa February 28, 2003....we received the visa April 15, 2005. So that would be 2 years 1.5 months.

It was a long wait, but we felt lucky that I was able to travel to China a couple times each year.

We also burned up many phone cards and evenings on MSN chatting.

It was a long wait, but well worth the effort by both of us.