Happy Surprise tonight!!!

After regular recent whining to friends and family and feeling down for the last few weeks, due to what appeared to be no activity on our Petition case, based on looking at the USCIS website as recent as earlier in the day, I received an email at 10:45 pm saying our case has been approved on 10/24!!!!

The website date still showed 8/17 earlier today, which I took to mean they hadn't touched our case since it arrived and NOA-1 was sent. Also the processing dates were still showing they were processing cases dated early July... that date hasn't changed in a couple months, so knowing VT was processing cases within a couple weeks was pretty depressing for me, so this was a wonderful surprise tonight!!!

To make it even better, my SO and I were chatting online at the time the email arrived, so I could pass along the happy news real time to her!!! We are both very happy and excited to know we are on our way now!

What a wonderful and totally unexpected surprise!! I guess the lesson I learned is that you can't bank on those dates on the website much. Now we're hoping P3 will arrive while I am in Nanning, between mid Jan and late March, God and bird flu willing!

Now if I can only calm down and sleep a couple hours, tomorrow will be a great day!! :blink:

Cheers, Jim

Congratulations!, I think of all the milestones I had in the visa process other than approval, NOA-2 was the biggest. Back then NSC was taking 6 months due to congressionally mandated asylum processing shelving K-visas. Our NOA-2 took 186 days. Believe me I whined profusely. After that time seemed to go by much faster since they was less time between events.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Congratulations!, I think of all the milestones I had in the visa process other than approval, NOA-2 was the biggest.  Back then NSC was taking 6 months due to congressionally mandated asylum processing shelving K-visas.  Our NOA-2 took 186 days.  Believe me I whined profusely.  After that time seemed to go by much faster since they was less time between events.

163192[/snapback]

I'm wishing you well, but have yet to receive my NOA2 after 139 days....

:D ;)

great news for you guys....

congratulations.........

Congratulations!, I think of all the milestones I had in the visa process other than approval, NOA-2 was the biggest.  Back then NSC was taking 6 months due to congressionally mandated asylum processing shelving K-visas.  Our NOA-2 took 186 days.  Believe me I whined profusely.  After that time seemed to go by much faster since they was less time between events.

163192[/snapback]

Thanks to all of you kind folks that replied!! Carl, I can't imagine waiting 186 days for NOA-2!! ... makes me feel pretty silly for being so impatient! Jessie, I really feel for you and hope you will get yours soon! Jim, looks like you hit it just right in CSC to get your NOA-2 so fast... more like what I was seeing VT TAT's, which was causing me to become more frustrated by the day. I felt like I was stuck in the starting blocks and the starter couldn't find the gun... now at least I feel like we're in the flow. I know other delays can happen beyond here, but it was sure a big morale lift to get the NOA-2 notice. We're both pretty excited and very much looking forward to my trip in January. Thanks again for all your kind replies!!