Eric,

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Wow. Has GZ gotten the clearance yet? Visa issued yet?

This is such great news for us, and bad news for France (since you won't be moving back.)

Brian

Brian...Yes, she's on the plane as we speak...

Juust kidding...

I wish...

Just the clearance for now my friend sent to GZ, 2/1 and yet to be re-re-confirmed by moi with another source.., just in case

I'm gonna hold the movers for a while and see what happens :D

For what it's worth Eric, Richard Adams told Owen and I that he had basically shut down the Immigration Visa unit for two weeks, beginning February 10, to process the anticipated flood of clearances. So this may expedite things. He showed us a print out of an internal memo to his staff that detailed their plan for dealing with any large influx. In addition to periodic interview shut-downs, it also included working every other Saturday. So maybe they can churn out a lot in the next week or so.

Of course Monday is President's Day and they will be closed I think. But there are no more major holidays coming up, except for St. Patricks Day on March 17. Maybe they won't be closed for this, the greatest of holidays, but they may be hung over from drinking all that green Qingdao. :lol: :o :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Wow. Has GZ gotten the clearance yet? Visa issued yet?

This is such great news for us, and bad news for France (since you won't be moving back.)

Brian

Brian...Yes, she's on the plane as we speak...

Juust kidding...

I wish...

Just the clearance for now my friend sent to GZ, 2/1 and yet to be re-re-confirmed by moi with another source.., just in case

I'm gonna hold the movers for a while and see what happens :D

For what it's worth Eric, Richard Adams told Owen and I that he had basically shut down the Immigration Visa unit for two weeks, beginning February 10, to process the anticipated flood of clearances. So this may expedite things. He showed us a print out of an internal memo to his staff that detailed their plan for dealing with any large influx. In addition to periodic interview shut-downs, it also included working every other Saturday. So maybe they can churn out a lot in the next week or so.

Of course Monday is President's Day and they will be closed I think. But there are no more major holidays coming up, except for St. Patricks Day on March 17. Maybe they won't be closed for this, the greatest of holidays, but they may be hung over from drinking all that green Qingdao. :lol: :o :(

Thanks for the info Miqcke.

juuuust kidding.. :D

Yes, you told us.... but I think his reported statement of up to 1000 /day was grossly optimistic... that's 21 people on it non stop by my basic math.

Then again, I was not there. You were..

We'll see the light at the end of the tunnel...we will..

OMG ! It's a freakin freight train going head on!

:D

GZ is down on Monday.  Here is their email:

*** January 1 Wed New Year's Day

* January 20 Mon Martin Luther King,

Jr's Birthday

** Feb 3,4,5 Mon,Tue,Wed Lunar New Year

* February 17 Mon President's Day

** May 1 Thu International Labor

Day

* May 26 Mon Memorial Day

* July 4 Fri Independence Day

* September 1 Mon Labor Day

** October 1, 2, 3 Wed, Thur, Fri Chinese National Day

* October 13 Mon Columbus Day

* November 11 Tue Veterans' Day

* November 27 Thu Thanksgiving Day

* December 25 Thu Christmas Day

Good grief... are they taking Bastille's day off too ? ( July 14 ) :lol:

BTW: Hope you don't drop off the board like some of these other guys. And can you give me a few of your excess blue-thingies????

No welfare here. You have to earn your thinggies. It is like love, it takes time to earn love from your gal. :lol: :( :o You will get the 10 thinggies some day (like getting the visa).

BTW: Hope you don't drop off the board like some of these other guys. And can you give me a few of your excess blue-thingies????

No welfare here. You have to earn your thinggies. It is like love, it takes time to earn love from your gal. :blink: :D :lol: You will get the 10 thinggies some day (like getting the visa).

Tony.. Give the man a break... He wants thinggies.. I can use cash.... :lol:

I would be 15 thinggies by now if Don and P.J didn't have this sillie 10 thiggie maxed-out policy :-)

No welfare here. You have to earn your thinggies. It is like love, it takes time to earn love from your gal. :blink: :D :lol: You will get the 10 thinggies some day (like getting the visa).

I don't want welfare Tony....I want my thingies!!!!!! And besides, Eric and I have been accused of having a perverted kind of love anyway. I should get at least two blue thingies as an award for both libel and slander. :lol: :lol: :D

May we all get these visas soon or else we may all go off the deep end. :D :blink: :blink:

Eric, if you need money you ought to follow-up on that vinegar thing over here. Another possibility, import these wedding dresses and sell them in Wichita, Latvia, or elsewhere. :blink:

You could make a bundle on these things.

I don't want welfare Tony....I want my thingies!!!!!! And besides, Eric and I have been accused of having a perverted kind of love anyway. I should get at least two blue thingies as an award for both libel and slander. <_< :huh: :D

May we all get these visas soon or else we may all go off the deep end. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Eric, if you need money you ought to follow-up on that vinegar thing over here. Another possibility, import these wedding dresses and sell them in Wichita, Latvia, or elsewhere. :blink:

You could make a bundle on these things.

true Mick.. Actually when we picked Yuhui's dress at a whopping 35 bucks, I snatched the guy's card too..

No future in vinegar trust me :-)

About that perverted love... I'm sorry... I think those fiancees-starved guys read it all wrong Mick :-)

Say,.. we can make a bundle here .. the slander crap.... 50/50??

Moneywise, I'm OK. Thanks ... Providing she did not take my " Shop, baby, Shop " comment literally !!